Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Spot, In Reach, Sat Phone - what to get ??

Re: Spot, In Reach, Sat Phone - what to get ??

Hmm SPOT has been good to us. .preselected message for early pickup by plane..check in..I'm OK..but not knowing your message got there is worrying no doubt.
    Not good enough for in reach tech wise..
    Last Oct had all 3..but used the sat phone for important situations..still checked in with Susan everyday..on returning home every last one arrived.with SPOT.
    Agree with GATE ..see what GARMIN can do with Delorme.
    Steven

spot as the ride out deal on the chopper and sat phone for the talking

Quote Originally Posted by TARCHER View Post
    That said I went in reach as don't have to pat the annual fee. Pay as you need and minimal mthly fee when it's sleeping
    Haven't been paying attention to this thread.
    Funny because in 2016 I quit using my Spot and went Inreach.
    It paid for itself on the first trip when one of my hunting partners broke an ankle packing my ram down the mountain.
    While the two of us waited for our other partner to get down and back up to us with a horse I was busy texting back home arranging for a helicopter the next morning.
    Buddy was in getting a spiral fracture taken care of within 18 hours of the break occurring at approx 8 pm halfway down a mountain 2 days ride in from the highway.
    It definitely was a relief knowing there was help at the end of a text message.

Due to the same reasons as the OP I am now thinking of getting the Inreach
    Where are you guys buying these, My hope is a fairly basic model to pair with my very poor gadget proficiency but like the idea of pairing to my Iphone

You can buy them from Inreach or garmin now I guess. Google it. There is a sale on I think. I have the non garmin model and it works great. Paired with my IPhone, mounted on my RZR, I am good to go. Whip out my IPhone and I am in instant contact via messaging. I just wish you could send photos. Great technology. Very affordable. After hunting season I change the plan to just the monthly maintenance fee until I need to use it once again. Monthly reminders of charges on account.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter