Thread: T fal deep fryers?

T fal deep fryers?

Thinking of getting one. Any first hand info on them?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: T fal deep fryers?

I assume it's the 'one spoonfull oil' one? We have one, makes great french fries. Takes 30-45 min though, no grease and great flavour. Tried cooking other things but find it only works well for fries. It's useless for battered fish etc. applications...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Lol...shitty I was goi g to get it strictly for fish and chips!!!!!

We have a T-Fal brand deep fryer. It has a 3l oil capacity, good for anything you would deep fry. Good for ~1 lb of french fries, 4-6 pieces of fish etc.

It is thermostatically controlled, so set and forget, easy to clean as well.

We generally set it on one of the 'wings' on the BBQ.

Cost ~ $100-125, can get them at London Drug, Cdn Tire etc.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Love ours BUT we got the 2 in 1 which has a rotating top tray. The bottom has an auger setup to mix up the fries (or what ever) and so no, using it for battered fish would not work in the bottom or basic model but with the 2 in 1, you can put it in the top. It's great, cooks like a hot damn and doesn't heat up the whole kitchen. I've turned into a chicken hound as this makes awesome chicken (cooked in the top tray). If I want to do pork bites or some lightly coated stuff, I start it on the top tray until it's partly cooked and the "coating is set" then move it to the bottom. Highly recommend the 2 in 1.

Sorry, don't have one of the actual "deep fryers" so can't comment on them but I suspect they are all pretty much the same thing so brand isn't going to matter much. The big difference would be with the capacity.
    Last edited by TPK; 04-22-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Lol...shitty I was goi g to get it strictly for fish and chips!!!!!
    It makes amazing chicken wings though!
    I deep fry a lot of fish, don't even own a conventional fryer any longer, just a couple inches oil in a pan works best for me. Egg wash, flour, egg wash, Panko and into the damn hot oil 30sec per side. Couldn't be easier and no greasy batter...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I have done fries yam fries chicken wings and ribs in it love it as you turn it on and walk away except I find it loud.

Awesome for some things bad for others.great for re heatng
    Sheep are not that tough. Grizzlies are. Grizzlies eat what sheep eat, plus they eat sheep

Had a couple of them and didn't like them. I went with the Waring pro and have never looked back.

My wife cooks french fries, chicken wings, the rind off of pork, yam fries, geez what else...small chunks or pork, beef etc . We have the T-fall one spoon full oil one. French fries are 20 minutes. Not sure why someone else has one that takes 40 minutes to cook french fries. I guess the other nice thing about the Tfal is clean up. Its a breeze...