Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Only "Voting Deligates" to be allowed at the BCWF AGM and Convention

Re: Only "Voting Deligates" to be allowed at the BCWF AGM and Convention

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Perhaps I am missing something here .... but how in the hell is this unpresedented? If you are a member in good standing of the BCWF then you are eligible to attend convention,debate and vote on matters on the convention floor

if you are not a memeber in good standing ... you may be a guest on the visitors gallery with no voice or vote

this is typical in the world .... if Past practice differs from this ... then the BCWF is the anomoly with respect to conventions and not the norm
    The reason is that it is unprecedented is that although any member could attend the convention, on the "voting delegates, of which is, I believe, 1 to 3 per club, and 1 for each region to represent the general membership. (plus youth) would be allowed to actually be present during the voting. I am sure someone will correct me on the actual numbers but think that is close. The proposal was to basically ban the viewing gallery.

That would basically make the whole thing a closed door meeting, and we all know how the last one turned out. I understand that it is impossible to allow every single member to vote, but every member should be allowed to participate.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Re: Only "Voting Deligates" to be allowed at the BCWF AGM and Convention

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    The reason is that it is unprecedented is that although any member could attend the convention, on the "voting delegates, of which is, I believe, 1 to 3 per club, and 1 for each region to represent the general membership. (plus youth) would be allowed to actually be present during the voting. I am sure someone will correct me on the actual numbers but think that is close. The proposal was to basically ban the viewing gallery.

That would basically make the whole thing a closed door meeting, and we all know how the last one turned out. I understand that it is impossible to allow every single member to vote, but every member should be allowed to participate.
    welcome to how stuff is done in the grown ups world

in the real world .. sure anyone can come see a convention but have no voice or vote ... on many occasions doors may be tiled (no one in or out or if one leaves one cannot get back in until discussion or election is over) memebers of the gallery are welcome to stay ...
    Or session goes "in camera" or "Cone of Silence" which is often used during contentious issues and confidential talks are taking place, typically during charges trials and penalties type of discussions. You cant expect to maintain confidential status when you invite the world in to watch

If your upset about in camera sessions ... perhaps get off your ass and get yourself elected to sit at the adult table
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask