Thread: Turkey Hunting tips

Turkey Hunting tips

Hey guys,
    Spring Turkey is happening now! Myself and some blokes will heading down to the Kimberley area, anyone see anything crazy in that area this year?

Also, for the newer folks, we've put together this quick setup guide: http://www.callofthewild.guide/tips/...urkey-hunting/
    Last edited by northcott; 04-20-2016 at 08:20 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Turkey Hunting tips

Yes and "be vewy, vewy quiet, heh, heh, heh"
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Good luck..

Well, we hit up the area near TaTa Creek and Hahas lake this weekend. Total skunk. Last year we heard 3 gobblers and saw about 4 hens, 30 deer and probably 300 elk. This year, nothing. No deer, no elk, no bloody turkeys. Not even a sound. We hiked a lot of ground just looking for sign and found not too much. We eventually talked to a couple ranchers and they said since last fall coyotes and wolves have moved in and pretty much killed or drove out most of the population. Total bummer.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Darren Northcott

hunting & outdoors enthusiast
    www.callofthewild.guide

Quote Originally Posted by northcott View Post
    Well, we hit up the area near TaTa Creek and Hahas lake this weekend. Total skunk. Last year we heard 3 gobblers and saw about 4 hens, 30 deer and probably 300 elk. This year, nothing. No deer, no elk, no bloody turkeys. Not even a sound. We hiked a lot of ground just looking for sign and found not too much. We eventually talked to a couple ranchers and they said since last fall coyotes and wolves have moved in and pretty much killed or drove out most of the population. Total bummer.
    That makes me sad. That's what my dad says happened in 8-12. Used to be deer and moose like crazy until the wolves came.

Saw a few birds this weekend south of Kimberley. Heard one gobbling behind my house and almost ran one over on the way into town.

I also know someone who has trail camera in that area you hunted and there are quite a few turkeys still around, so it seems like you just had poor luck, although I know the predators are a problem.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Well thankyou Northcott ....It's fellas like you that keep our fraternity of Hunting alive and growing...I don't turkey hunt but might someday...Information like the info you posted is greatly appreciated..Keep up the good work ..Maybe more people will help the inexperienced like you...Thanks again ...Dennis