Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just back from the Mountains!

Re: Just back from the Mountains!

Wicked hog there......congrats on a successful trip..

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    TJ, With no disrespect, what happened to the meat and potatoes, I am taking about the North America big game that people can relate to..... ? Whitetail, elk, moose , sheep..... Every time I turn on wild TV and watch outdoor quest everyone is in Africa. I suppose it is entertaining for some but Joe veiwer may want something he/she can relate to or learn from. Lots of shows on Africa. Food for thought.
    Here in Alberta it's a simple matter of diminishing opportunity. Tags are getting hard to come by. There isn't a single general moose opportunity for the rifle hunter left in the province. We produce 17 original episodes and need to travel to come up with enough content....that and we enjoy the travel as do a lot of our viewers. We try to show exotic hunts that are well within the budget of Joe Viewer as well. For anyone that takes a holiday to Mexico or Hawaii, Africa is well within their budget. One also needs to remember that Wild TV in a national channel and for the vast majority of people in Canada, a trip to Africa is far more affordable than a sheep hunt. Likely 1/2 or even 1/3 the cost. In truth, less than 1/3 of the hunts shown on Outdoor Quest this year are from Africa. We've got some great North American stuff as well including sheep, whitetail deer, goat, mule deer. It all comes down to finding enough hunts to fill out the year.
    Last edited by sheephunterab; 04-22-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Nice pics - to be hunting at that altitude in SA it's either the Drakensberg (most in Natal and Lesotho) or the Sneeuberge around Cradock / Graafreinet. I'm thinking the later - correct?

I once flew a paragliding competition (SA Nationals) in that area, awesome peaks and huge plains filled with sheep and wild game. I'm really envious of that hunt.
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - And proud to be a Canadian!

You bet Stormy, the Vallies were in the Drakensberg Mountains and the sheep were in the Stromberg Mountains. We were at the south end of them. The topography there blew me away. Definitely not what one thinks of as Africa. Paragliding over them must have been amazing!

Very interesting trophies indeed! Definitely not your average South African hunt.
    Meanwhile, do keep the African episodes coming!
    Hooked on Africa...

Beauty animals. That hog is a tank. Was this all one trip of multiple?

Ive always wanted to see or be apart of a tv episode called budget hunter: you have 1000 dollars to buy a rifle, binos and scope. from there no guide and head out in a GOS area like most people watching the show. No paid hunts, long range 10k rifles or plane trips into remote country. It would follow the lines of what most average joes do every weekend versus out of country hunts.

I'm not bashing paid hunts with good gear, I just see more and more hunting shows depart from what we do in our everyday lives. It seems like its out of touch were we all started with basic gear and budget restraints.

just an observation not meant to be negative.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Here in Alberta it's a simple matter of diminishing opportunity. Tags are getting hard to come by. There isn't a single general moose opportunity for the rifle hunter left in the province. We produce 17 original episodes and need to travel to come up with enough content....that and we enjoy the travel as do a lot of our viewers. We try to show exotic hunts that are well within the budget of Joe Viewer as well. For anyone that takes a holiday to Mexico or Hawaii, Africa is well within their budget. One also needs to remember that Wild TV in a national channel and for the vast majority of people in Canada, a trip to Africa is far more affordable than a sheep hunt. Likely 1/2 or even 1/3 the cost. In truth, less than 1/3 of the hunts shown on Outdoor Quest this year are from Africa. We've got some great North American stuff as well including sheep, whitetail deer, goat, mule deer. It all comes down to finding enough hunts to fill out the year.

Just a thought, if you guys need more content, message me and perhaps we can do a elk or moose or white tail hunt here in BC. Im not a guide and just like taking people out. We could do it throiugh the "Accompany to hunt" permit. Love your show.....
    Hunting......Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    Beauty animals. That hog is a tank. Was this all one trip of multiple?
    Yes, one 10-day trip. We did move camps in the middle though.

Quote Originally Posted by squeege View Post
    Just a thought, if you guys need more content, message me and perhaps we can do a elk or moose or white tail hunt here in BC. Im not a guide and just like taking people out. We could do it throiugh the "Accompany to hunt" permit. Love your show.....
    Sounds like fun!

I never knew a warthog could jump the string so far. I was just checking out some video....check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7H2PFhK6LA