Thread: Keeping busy again this spring!

Keeping busy again this spring!

CRS and I put a trail cam out by one of the Woody boxes we have set out. Boxes are made from scavenged wood and our local Pitt Meadows secondary students put them together.
    This box has no eggs or sign of having been visited but the camera clearly showed the birds have been checking it out for a couple weeks! Hope to get pictures of ducklings jumping out in the future. A couple other nests had down around the opening but no eggs, we'll be checking again in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Dano; 04-19-2016 at 09:30 PM.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Keeping busy again this spring!

Excellent. I was just speaking with a fellow federation member about Woody boxes yesterday. He mentioned there's a bit of cash sitting in a fund allocated for boxes at the local club. May be a little late in the game for this year, but quite possibly on the agenda for next. Please keep us up to date.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

That's good to see Dan
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

That's awesome. That has got to be one of the most spectacular birds around.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

My parent's watch them out their kitchen window. They have two boxes set up. Never seen the baby's come out of the boxes. They have seen them come out of the tree. It's a long drop.

Very nice and good to get the pitt meadows secondary students involved.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.