Thread: Bear Scents

Bear Scents

I know that there is NO hunting bears over bait in BC BUT, how about the use of scents either scent sticks or spays? Anyone know the answer ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear Scents

I would say no. Its a manufactured product.

Bait
    - means anything, including meat, cereals, cultivated crops, restrained animal or any manufactured product or material, that may attract wildlife and includes plastic or other imi-tation foods, but does not include a decoy as described under these regulations
    I'm not prejudice, I hate everybody alike.

Quote Originally Posted by moosecamp View Post
    I would say no. Its a manufactured product.

Bait
    - means anything, including meat, cereals, cultivated crops, restrained animal or any manufactured product or material, that may attract wildlife and includes plastic or other imi-tation foods, but does not include a decoy as described under these regulations
    So, a natural oil, it wouldn't be manufactured right? or how bout a bear decoy that smelt like a bear or a fish or a bees nest ?

Decoy - means any material or manufacturedproduct that simulates the appearance or hasthe form of wildlife.
    Last edited by Edge; 04-16-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    So, a natural oil, it wouldn't be manufactured right? or how bout a bear decoy that smelt like a bear or a fish or a bees nest ?

Decoy - means any material or manufacturedproduct that simulates the appearance or hasthe form of wildlife.
    The first two words '' means anything '' that might get you into trouble here. You are now turning something that is visual into something that may attract wildlife, '' bait ''.

Quote Originally Posted by moosecamp View Post
    The first two words '' means anything '' that might get you into trouble here. You are now turning something that is visual into something that may attract wildlife, '' bait ''.
    No, I hear ya....I didn't really think it would fly after you pointed out the "bait" definition but thought it was worth another run at it....lol...anyway..spot & stalk it is ..

You can always use a predator call. A rabbit or fawn in distress call works well.

or cook up some bacon on the tailgate for a brunch , and don't get that can of honey too close to the burner as it will burn and be smelled for miles.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole