Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling all ultra runners

Re: Calling all ultra runners

Any plans for the upcoming year? I recently ran my first trail race after a few years injury recovery. I did OK. I don't seem to have the fortitude to push it past the boiling point anymore, plus carrying a bit of extra weight sure killed me on the hills. I thought about signing up for the Squamish race. Thought too long. It was sold out in a few hours.

Might try the Yakima Skyline, as would also like to do a fishing trip down the canyon. I will do the Finlayson Arm 50 next fall as it is my local race.

I thought I was a reasonably fit 49 year old until I read this thread. Much respect fellas✊

I haven't ran an ultra yet but have done a number of half ultra distance races and am signed up for Squamish 50k next year (made it in before it sold out in 44 minutes)!

Banjo - what Fat Dog distance did you do? How did it go? It looks like a beautiful course.

I'd like to revise this thread for 2019! What's on everyone's calendar?

My Squamish 50km went well last year and I added the Whistler Alpine Meadows 55km too.

This year is the Squamish 50 mile, two weeks later I leave for a 2 week sheep hunt, and one week after that is the Whistler Alpine Meadows Triple Wammy (13km, 25km, 55km over consecutive days). It will be an interesting month that's for sure!

I’m amazed at the numbers you guys can put down, incredible! This year I’ve done two 5K races and one 10K, I can’t even fathom multiplying that 5 times!

i managed to drop 15 lbs over winter and the difference it makes in running is huge but I’ve hit the wall now and haven’t lost an ounce in the last month. I guess I’ll have to push and try for 15K.

Brad

I'm taking the year off running. Too much pain and wasn't enjoying it. Time for a rebuild and a different, less competitive approach.

I was training for the MEC 50km on June 2nd but due to shin splints and lower leg issues i'll be pulling out. But, I am training for the Fat Dog 40 miler in August and am planning on doing the WAM 55km in September. In between those, I have an archery mule deer hunt planned.