Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Excuse Me ... Where are our "new" hunter numbers??

Excuse Me ... Where are our "new" hunter numbers??

Maybe I've missed something, but ...

According to the MFLNRO bureaucrats we BC resident hunters were supposed to have been issued a new hunter number in early April??

Supposedly, we can't buy any licenses until this is done. Supposedly, we can't apply for LEH without this "new improvement" to the system?!

Hunting season are now open for bear ... WTH! I'd say WTF but that would be politically incorrect it seems.

C'mon now bureaucrats ... let's get it together boys and girls, or perhaps we should contract the whole dysfunctional system out to real people who can meet a deadline? I would vote for the latter.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Excuse Me ... Where are our "new" hunter numbers??

I went old school and went to Canadian tire
    and the Bc access centre in Prince George for My leh's. Just something about getting out the leh draw papers, looking up the codes and writing tjem
    down on a card, putting postage on them and waking to the mailbox.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

I bought a bear tag and renewed my license already with just the 6 digit hunter number. I read the MOE page and said that the new numbers will be our 6 digit numbers plus 3 extra numbers. And once the new online LEH is up and running you will be able to register for the new " Fish and Wildlife Identification" number. So for those of us that will be doing the online registration for LEH we will be able to get our new number then and for those who don't put in for LEH or are still boycotting it they can just register for the number alone. Hope this helps.
    " Size doesn't matter 'til the freezer is full!" - Dad

" If you buy a new gun, I get a new kitchen!" - my lovely wife

Sako Finnlight 300 WSM
    Rem 700 CDL 25.06 Rem

Yup it does

you can still get a hunting license and a bear tag the old fashioned way this year. Its only the leh that is changing this year, open season stays the same until next year.

when you log onto the new online hunting services you will need your hunter number, last name and date of birth if that is all a match you will get into the system. At this point you do not need to get a duplicate card they are being retired and the Fish and Wildlife ID (FWID) will take it over. When the data is converted over to the new system all those with hunter numbers will be generated a new FWID. Once you log onto the system you will get your FWID in your profile. The launch for the new system will be near the end of April watch our website for the launch.

Clip from an email this week^^

The .gov.bc website said business as usual until they figure out their asses from their elbows. I may have paraphrased slightly.

Will there be a hard copy of the LEH papers this year? Are they already out online? I can't find them...
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePoint View Post
    I went old school and went to Canadian tire
    and the Bc access centre in Prince George for My leh's. Just something about getting out the leh draw papers, looking up the codes and writing tjem
    down on a card, putting postage on them and waking to the mailbox.
    Hi PressurePoint

Are you saying you picked up a printed version of the new LEH at Access B.C. / Canadian Tire ? I have been to Service B.C. a few times now and they say they are not out in printed version yet ?

Thanks
    Arctic Lake

It's still early April... and nobody should be surprised if things take longer than anticipated.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...