I've been getting into Snowshoe Hare hunting in the Smithers area since January and previously sought advice on my technique here: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ting-technique

Over the last three weeks the temperature has been rising and a lot of snow is melting. The spot that was quite productive for me through January and February now appears to be totally dead. I'm pretty sure I didn't kill all the hares, so where did they go?? The area has a mix of spruce, pine, and alder and I was finding all my hares in, under, or around the alder. The vegetation hasn't changed but the ground cover has - less snow, more bare ground, and a developing swamp thanks to the snow melt.

I haven't found anything online that describes hare migration through the changing seasons, but in other threads on here I've seen people suggesting this is the case. I'm hoping someone can tell me...

Do hares migrate to different kinds of habitat as the seasons change, and can anyone describe the kind of habitat they're most likely to inhabit in each of the seasons?