Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a GWP Stud

Looking for a GWP Stud

My German Wirehaired Pointer bitch will be 2 years old at her next heat so I'm starting to look for a stud. I will take her in to the vet for hips etc before breeding. She's AKC registered and I plan to get her CKC papers before breeding.

She just finished her heat so timing is about 6 months from now.

She's an awesome family dog and loves to hunt. I haven't shot over her yet but she points and retrieves. She still needs work but she's getting better and better every day.

Best dog I've ever had.

GORGEOUS dog btw.

I want to breed her to a solid hunter.

PM me if you have a boy who wants some action.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for a GWP Stud

Got any pictures of her hunting? Why do you want to breed her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

I have a Drahthaar I would be willing to but up to stud to a GWP THAT HUNT'S , he has been at stud for several year's , a import from Germany , this is the real deal a solid hunter on upland and ton's of Waterfowl . He is a big boy , 120 lb , and can cover a field in a big hurry , good in the blind and in the field on point . He has produced excellent hunter's and great service dog's .A calm , people friendly dog an a very intense hunter , contact me at 604 846 0082 for detail's , pic's etc. Ask for Robert , he has produced over 60 offspring 50% have been hunted and all of them very intense hunter's !

Quote Originally Posted by Hound Hunter View Post
    He is a big boy , 120 lb ,

120ibs Drahthaar??Does he have the German Ahnentafel?I'll be interested in seeing a 120 ibs DD.....you have any pics of him?Whats his Kennelname?

I have a Drahthaar I would be willing to but up to stud to a GWP THAT HUNT'S , he has been at stud for several year's , a import from Germany , this is the real deal a solid hunter on upland and ton's of Waterfowl . He is a big boy , 120 lb , and can cover a field in a big hurry , good in the blind and in the field on point . He has produced excellent hunter's and great service dog's .A calm , people friendly dog an a very intense hunter , contact me at 604 846 0082 for detail's , pic's etc. Ask for Robert , he has produced over 60 offspring 50% have been hunted and all of them very intense hunter's !
    Pups would "DrahtPointers"? Does OP want registered pups?

"Got any pictures of her hunting? Why do you want to breed her?"

This is a good question, you have not shot over her yet and in another thread you say she is not steady, and on the other hand you want to breed her to a solid hunter.

Something very off here???? Zwinger, (Kennel Name) in Germany?, Tattoo?, Ahnentafel?, 120lbs???????? If all is true and your breeding to a whatever, you sir, need your head examined and be spoken to by the German Registry, but, all and all I call bullshit.........................................
    Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing

Verein Deutsch Drahthaar Group Canada

(Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend)

"Something very off here???? Zwinger, (Kennel Name) in Germany?, Tattoo?, Ahnentafel?, 120lbs???????? If all is true and your breeding to a whatever, you sir, need your head examined and be spoken to by the German Registry, but, all and all I call bullshit........................................."

Here is an ad that had the same phone number on KIJIJI selling GWP cross with chocolate lab pups.
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dogs-puppies/chilliwack/german-wirehaired-pointer-chocolate-labrador-retriever/1209618112

Quote Originally Posted by thehammer View Post

Here is an ad that had the same phone number on KIJIJI selling GWP cross with chocolate lab pups.
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dogs-puppies/chilliwack/german-wirehaired-pointer-chocolate-labrador-retriever/1209618112

That rings a bell!!!My girlfriend had dealings with this individual....after she declined buying a pup her husband sent an email which was very offensive and belligerent....should have gone for a visit.

I've been on a business trip so no time to mess around with forums.

She just finished her heat so it's at least 6 months out now.

I want to breed her mainly because I promised the kids we would have pups. And, she's an awesome dog.

Her dad and all grandparents were NAVDA. Her mom was just hunted - not tested.

AKC and CKC. She's got her Jr. Field Dog designation. So she's been shot over with blanks. Also, I have a cap gun that I use around her. She loves to retrieve so I whoa her, throw the dummy, shoot the gun, and then release her for the retrieve. For the Field Dog Test - we just went out 3 times in a row at a test - bam, bam, bam. She kicked butt - 3 runs, 3 blue ribbons, send me the certificate, proud papa.

Now, I'm working on steadying her better. I've got some training and hunting days lined up. She's damn smart and REALLY wants to please so it will just take a little patience and I'll be able to brag about how steady she is.

Great family dog. But, I run her at least 1-1.5 hours a day (off leash) - so not recommended for couch potato apartment dwellers! Her general obedience is really good.

I have no interest in breeding her to a 120# dog. She's about 50-55#. I don't think it would be good for her - and I don't know who would be interested in a 120# bird dog.

And to Hammer's comments - per the above, she hunts and points. Has a paper to show for it. Problem is I've had her on canned birds and she caught a couple as a pup. Now, I'm working her with bird launchers so she knows she can't catch them. Now she's getting a LOT better. Next, I need to get her so she's not right on top of the bird. A few trips on wild birds and she'll figure it out. She's been shot around (see above)- but not a lot.