Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bear Season Is On: Just get out and enjoy it!

Re: Spring Bear Season Is On: Just get out and enjoy it!

I had one in the scope tonight but it was just a bit too far, then the damn wind...

^^^lol I had that happen last year..

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Great pictures. I am going to have to ask you to stop. It's making me want to get off the couch... giving me all sorts of sensations and making me think of that envelope on the counter with my remaining bear tag that I promised myself was only an insurance policy.
    Haha that's the point....

Just started a little scouting yesterday and passed on a colour phase I had to flip a coin on. Would have been my personal best for a colour phase but wish he was a little bigger

Too early for me to settle on that bear but I know someone who wants a colour phase so may need to see if I can find him again. If my wife was with me see would have tagged it and I have all ready been lectured that I am too picky for passing on that bear

Seen these guys out today while scouting, almost looks like their turning chocolate? All had that white chest mark too, pretty cool genetics!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    ^^^^thanks, hopefully I get a decent amount of time to spring bear hunt this season....lol the family camping and fishing takes a lot of the coveted bush time..
    Yup, I hear ya! Might have to try to find time to sneak away during daytime between school drop off and pickup... I’m self employed so the boss won’t mind...

On that note, is hunting bear between 9am and 2pm realistic? I’d miss first and last light...
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    Yup, I hear ya! Might have to try to find time to sneak away during daytime between school drop off and pickup... I’m self employed so the boss won’t mind...

On that note, is hunting bear between 9am and 2pm realistic? I’d miss first and last light...
    Seen 6 yesterday between 10:30 and 12:30

Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post

It depends on the area. In the places I look, it's fist light until around 10:30am and then 3:30pm they start to move again, only getting better until dusk.

A stone throw away down on the other side of the valley bottom, they're feeding in the afternoon. Go figure.

Weather plays a role too. When it's really hot, I look for places I would like to hang out if I was wearing a winter jacket.

I find the absolute best is when it's kind of sunny with the occasional period of light rain off and on. Rains for 30 mins, then sunny for 30 mins, then 10 mins of rain, etc. Before and after those little waves of rain seems to be awesome no matter what time of day. If it's a hot afternoon, I look around shady areas and drainages.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Seen 6 yesterday between 10:30 and 12:30
    Well that sounds promising!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    It depends on the area. In the places I look, it's fist light until around 10:30am and then 3:30pm they start to move again, only getting better until dusk.

A stone throw away down on the other side of the valley bottom, they're feeding in the afternoon. Go figure.

Weather plays a role too. When it's really hot, I look for places I would like to hang out if I was wearing a winter jacket.

I find the absolute best is when it's kind of sunny with the occasional period of light rain off and on. Rains for 30 mins, then sunny for 30 mins, then 10 mins of rain, etc. Before and after those little waves of rain seems to be awesome no matter what time of day. If it's a hot afternoon, I look around shady areas and drainages.
    Great advice, think like the bear - I like it!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Good amount of bears around PG,
    6 blacks and 1 grizz yesterday on my outing.

No shooters for me though.