Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Northern half of 7-25

Re: Northern half of 7-25

Both MU's are good for moose, with 28 having less roads, so more hunters concentrated in one area.

Go last week of September, first week of Oct, by the second week the rut is really winding down and the bulls are more interested in food.

I have hunted all that area for years and personally like 25 due to its size and different options for hunting. But it also gets hunted hard by the locals, so you need find those areas in back that has little access.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Well thought I would tell you fellas My buddy and I mostly hunted areas off the Cripple road in 7-25 . Spent 5 days from Oct 6th on with no luck. Only saw one cow moose. I called morning and evening with no action. So I thought my calling was off went into 7-28 to see if we could bag an immature and ended up calling in a nice mature bull but the draw was for 7-25.

A group of fellas got a bull near Cripple Lake I think they were camped at Cripple Lake. Was it anyone on here ?

Arctic Lake
    Thanks for the reply Sitka !
    I will put this quote up from my old thread as well .I may have more questions and as always I'm not looking for someone's honey hole . We checked out many spots off the Cripple road, went in and called but no response also checked out the McLeod road area and did the same thing . Used to hunt one hour north of P.G. which is roughly the same distance north as where 7-25 is and always went second week of October and had success calling them in . wonder why the rut may differ in 7-25 ? No longer viable to go to the old spot north of Prince George that's why we are looking around north of Fort Saint James buddy lives near there but does not get out to scout as he works a lot. I'm in the lower mainland .
    Arctic Lake

I lived, hunted and guided in Fort St. James for 15 years and although you will get the odd bull coming to a call later in Oct, Sept 25-Oct 7 has been prime time in my experience. Not to say they don't come in later, but they are much hotter to trot earlier. Mu favorite time in the last week of Sept as the bulls are really wandering and looking for love and not all have found it yet.

Talking with buddies who still live there, the story is the same as most other places in BC: preds, unregulated hunting, loss of important habitat and poaching have knocked moose numbers way back. Moose in the PG-FSJ-Burns lake areas are not what they used to be.

If you get a draw, PM me and I will see if I can help.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Hi Again Sitkaspruce

Thanks again for the reply ! I will let you know if we get the draw !
    Arctic Lake

Bringing up this old thread again as it is time to put in for Bull Moose LEH Draw . Did not have any success a couple of years ago with our draw in 7-25 hunting the Cripple Road area of 7-25 . Only saw one bull taken . We went first week in October. This year we are going the last week in September. What about Maybe Jaw Lake area Bunghun Whucho Lake . Maybe go into the Philip Lakes Area ? Is the previous information given by members still relevant ? What about fires that may have impacted those areas last year ? My buddy lives in Vanderhoof and I'm coming up from LML .
    Thanks Very Much !
    Arctic Lake

Anyone have anything to add it would be appreciated !
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake