Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seek outside tipi tents

Seek outside tipi tents

Does anyone in the Fraser valley use one of these tents? I'm interested in the cimmaron, or 4 person tent but want to see one set up before I pull the trigger.
    Being able to dry gear out and having more head room greatly appeals to me as I'm 6 5".
    if you have one and would be willing to give me your review or let me see it please let me know.
    thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Seek outside tipi tents

check out Nordic tipi tents from Mansfield outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueback2014 View Post
    check out Nordic tipi tents from Mansfield outdoors.
    Those do look bomb proof, however I failed to mention I'm looking for a backpackers tent, the weight on those tents just too much for me. My current tent is a big Agnes UL 2 with a msr e wing tarp and I want something comparable weight but easier to set up and camp in solo.

Don't know much about the seek outside other than its similar to the tigoat. I've got the 6.5 with a titanium stove. Perfect for 2 guys and room for all your gear inside. Have used it in mid summer to -15 late fall in the mountains. Would have a hard time going back to a normal tent.

I'm still looking at the seek outside tents if anyone has any new info on them. Getting tired of having my head and feet pushed against the ends of my tent and getting cold.

I have dealt with SO for about three years and with most of the various high end gear makers since the mid-60s. I find SO gear to be brilliant in design, very well made and they are outstanding to deal with.

If, I were you, given your height, I might consider the SO Redcliff, but, for me, at barely 5'8", the Cimarron is my first choice of what is currently available, price considered, etc.

HTH

I have a sawtooth from Kifaru, very similar, hear good things about seekoutside, im on V.I.

I have the SO 6 man tipi with stove. Best investment ever. Great quality and great service along with a great product.

Unfortunately I'm not in the lower mainland to let you have a look, but I do have the redcliff and it's a pretty cool shelter. I haven't put it to the test yet, but as far as space and weight goes.... it comes in at 5 lbs and I would have no problem sleeping 3 or 4 guys plus full gear in there comfortably.

When I set it up for my buddy who spent some time in the army he just about lost his mind (I also got an inside look at military life when he suggested I could sleep 7+ in there ).

If you happen to pop through PG and want to have a look I'd be more than willing to accommodate.

Just curious how tipi tents hold up against wind?