Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: lynx friend or foe.

Re: lynx friend or foe.

So sorry for you loss WWD, we just got a new puppy at my house, and I couldn't fathom the loss already with only a few weeks together.

Stay strong.
    ~Wes

Wow. Sorry for the loss.

Bobcats sightings through the roof lately around Princeton. Last night a friend of the wife, had their pet rabbits killed in their yard.

I'm quite sure what I'll be doing if I see a cat on my property. Between a 5 and 3 year old. 2 dogs. Not worth the risk. Passing through is one thing. Setting up camp. Best to just deal with it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by yota View Post

Walks with deer asked me to post this pic

A lynx did this??? That's horrible - sorry for your loss WWD

Okay so some guys will jump down my throat it was not a lynk or bobcat but a young cougar...

That said we have had bobcats this winter act quite agressive aswell..

The deep snow started to melt and the high country froze solid pushing all the predators straight into the valley bottom..

We saw numerous bobcats and multiple different cougars.. no lynk yet this year...

The cougar that killed my dog I could have shot two days before it killed my dog a couple km down the road I did not shoot it as it was a 60-80lbs well the regret is huge..

The loss is huge..

That heeler had tussled with both cougars,raccoons,bears,crack heads and even eagles as a pup she had 37 stiches when I got her from a eagle trying to pick her up as a pup..

Tough dog but is now dead...

All has been dealt with appropriately with the local cos that are top notch guys..

Just saying you let predators hang around your home this is what you get...

Ps I had a male bobcat stalk my daughter when I was with her since this incident...

Thanks to all who wished me well and I hope others learn from this.

The whole story stinks really fishy..and lynx get bad name out of it..smells baad.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Okay so some guys will jump down my throat it was not a lynk or bobcat but a young cougar...

That said we have had bobcats this winter act quite agressive aswell..

The deep snow started to melt and the high country froze solid pushing all the predators straight into the valley bottom..

We saw numerous bobcats and multiple different cougars.. no lynk yet this year...

The cougar that killed my dog I could have shot two days before it killed my dog a couple km down the road I did not shoot it as it was a 60-80lbs well the regret is huge..

The loss is huge..

That heeler had tussled with both cougars,raccoons,bears,crack heads and even eagles as a pup she had 37 stiches when I got her from a eagle trying to pick her up as a pup..

Tough dog but is now dead...

All has been dealt with appropriately with the local cos that are top notch guys..

Just saying you let predators hang around your home this is what you get...

Ps I had a male bobcat stalk my daughter when I was with her since this incident...
    I thought no way a lynx but could be a cougar....
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    The whole story stinks really fishy..and lynx get bad name out of it..smells baad.
    If I knew as much about cats as you, I'd be asking questions, not giving advice....

Sorry for your loss

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    If I knew as much about cats as you, I'd be asking questions, not giving advice....
    i dont know much about cats[exept house miew] but i can sometimes smell bad air..but when i'm hunting i never worry about lynx or bobcat..seen only 1 lynx wild,,,beautiful animal...never wanna kill them...
    never heard lynx killing a dog ..exept hunting situation...when dogs treed them they might jump down to snow..lay on they back,,dog jump on cat ,,,what happens,,cat opens dog belly in seconds..