Thread: Aleza Lake area

Aleza Lake area

My father has been looking at purchasing a fairly secluded hunting/fishing property around the PG area, he was talking to a realtor the other day and they mentioned that there are some good plots that come available from time to time around the Aleza lake and Eaglet lake area. Neither or us have been up that way (planning a late spring trip) and are wondering if anyone has any information on the area? Hows the hunting pressure in that area? Lots of crown land near by? I can't seem to find much info on fishing in those two lakes, looks like there is not a lot drop in elevation around Aleza lake hows its depth and fishing?
    Any information is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Rainsford

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Aleza Lake area

It gets similar pressure to many local areas. There is lots of private land around the two lakes so access is relatively limited . Lots of crown land all around. The road through the area probably sees the most traffic in snowmobile season as it is access to a very popular sled area.

Eaglet is a popular ice fishing spot

Less traffic since the mill closed and Upper Fraser townsite was removed. But still a popular hunting destination. Don't buy for the fishing.

The land is not valuable because it has poor agricultural potential and there is lots of swamp. Moose hunting is as good as anywhere and lots of bears. Not much else.
    Sometimes a private chunk can give you access to crown that others can't get to. More mosquitos than you can imagine. It's also in a rain/snow belt.

If I was to buy out that way, I'd either get a small, cheap acreage for a camp/cabin site and hunt out from there or a large acreage and develop it for hunting on.

If you do find a place and want to buy, PAY FOR YOUR OWN LEGAL SURVEY!!! Just because that's where the sign is, doesn't mean that's the property you going to own.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

How about deer out in this area. Elk?

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Good for Moose and Bears and Elk on the Fraser but not much else except Wolves.
    If Cabin is directly on Road in Aleza Lake you should be OK but if its hidden you can bet it will be broken in.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

if your dad is retired and has some money he wants to part with for a rec propertie i would highly recomend touring around bc before calling any agents.

look at thompson okanagan,kootneys,chilicot,peace,caribou,and prince george.

looks like your coming from the island so shes a long haul anyway.