Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: spring bear hunt

Re: spring bear hunt

My plan is to be tagged out in April Won't be in BC for May/June so need to get it done early again this year...
    Hunter | Hunting/Wildlife Photographer
    www.nicktrehearne.com

I tagged up the other day,

I will be out opening day , but not around home
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Would that be 400m no shooting? Or no hunting? Could be great for bow hunters.
    No centerfire same as everywhere else. I hope they dont pass it. Or at least only along the transmission line. North of the stikine its a stupid regulation. South of it they have somewhat of a rationale.

Center fire or single projectiled center fire? Dont realy matter for stick and string. But could change from slug to 00 buck for backup.
    vegetables are what food eats.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbranch View Post
    No centerfire same as everywhere else. I hope they dont pass it. Or at least only along the transmission line. North of the stikine its a stupid regulation. South of it they have somewhat of a rationale.
    There use to be a 400 meter restriction years ago. But I believe they removed it because it wasn't enforceable to all "groups".

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    1week to opning....anyone got plans?

Yes, waiting 6 weeks.
    KCCO

Sorry single projectile. Thats what was proposed. No news on if its a rule yet. Not for spring 16 anyway if it goes through it will be implemented for 17.

Gonna open up my RV in Harrison this weekend and gonna hit up a couple of my favorite spots up there....totally greened up and ready for me to come enjoy....going for 2 Blackie this spring

Weekend of April 23rd and 24th I will do my rounds and check for poops, with a rifle incase I come across a boar. Not getting serious until a week into May, but I will repeat this every weekend until the bears are out in numbers, then I will sit in the most promising spot until we get one. If we get one, repeat in second most promising spot. If we get another, we will purchase more tags. Then we will eat beargers and bear tacos for the next couple years. Repeat.

Caddis guy I like your plan....keep it simple lol