Thread: A Kid becomes a Hunter

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

A Kid becomes a Hunter

Some Kids just love the outdoors, Solitude and freedom scouting the Bush or Forrest Land. Having something along better then just a Stick, progressing upwards would be Slingshot - BB Gun - Pellet Rifle and finally the fist .22 which should be a single shot carried only under close supervision by an properly licenced Person.

Open sights are a must. No need for a Scope, in fact they should not be used at this point. Scopes are for People with deteriorating Eyesight like older People or Shooters wishing to shoot over verry long distances with high powered Rifles.

Have Fun and always always point the muzzle of your Gun in a safe direction.

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A Kid becomes a Hunter

You saying I'm old?
    But, good point. Any any time spent outdoors with children/grandchildren, in my house anyways, is better than sitting in front of the tv or video game.
    Good post

I think I read on here something to the effect of " Kids that are taught to fish and hunt don't mug little old Ladies". True story.
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

A bow and arrow were my first hunting tools, and remain to be my favorites some 57 years later... may ways to grow hunters.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreak View Post
    I think I read on here something to the effect of " Kids that are taught to fish and hunt don't mug little old Ladies". True story.
    It's a BCWF bumper sticker, "Kids who hunt, trap and fish don't mug little old ladies!". They also have a new one, "the world needs more tackle boxes and less Xboxes".
    Last edited by LupieHunter; 03-17-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I agree with what you are saying till the open sight stuff! Let a mentor/ parent decide on what is best. Some mentor/ instructor/parents use what they have on hand. The basic of firearm handling is what is of utmost importance! Teaching these young people the finality of pulling the trigger on a weapon, when pulled, something dies, and there are NO take backs! Our greatest conservationists are our youth. We need to teach them to appreciate nature, and that if looked after, it will perpetually provide for them! Good thread!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    A bow and arrow were my first hunting tools, and remain to be my favorites some 57 years later... may ways to grow hunters.
    I think you are are younger than you thunk Hermit?

Quote Originally Posted by markomoose View Post
    I think you are are younger than you thunk Hermit?
    I wish but I did the math... got my first bow when I was 7 years old. Birds and squirrels quivered when I was in town! Haha...
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."