Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GSP's who has one!

GSP's who has one!

Iam looking at getting a dog this spring and would really like a gsp! Who here has one and where are you located? Would love to meet your dog! I've never spent time with this breed and would like to meet a few before pulling the trigger on one. Unfortunately there are no breeders close to where I live. (Kamloops) closest breeder I have found and talked to is on the island. Not a big deal at all to go to the island to get my next companion but would love to meet a few closer to home first!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: GSP's who has one!

There is a nice GSP litter now in Swift Current:

http://www.gundogcentral.com/gun_dog...SP%20BLOODLINE

Dog_River

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

Who did you contact on the Island? Awesome dogs,we're with our 3rd one.

RC

Great looking dogs in swift current! Just so far away! Is it a common thing for the breeder to fly the dog to you? I've heard of it but not sure how I feel about it as I have not talked to anyone who has gone through the process

You have to be kidding me ??? I am driving to Minnesota to pick up my pup. If you can't commit to a short drive to Swift Current maybe you should rethink if you can commit to a bird dog and what it take to make a good one.

Dog_River

Quote Originally Posted by sakofinnlight View Post
    Great looking dogs in swift current! Just so far away! Is it a common thing for the breeder to fly the dog to you? I've heard of it but not sure how I feel about it as I have not talked to anyone who has gone through the process

I have two liver colored ones. One is 15 years, The other is 3. Had one that was brindle color. She live to 8 years. Had a tumor on her lung. Came from Texas. The other two. Abbotsford and Utah. Great dogs. Mine love the water. Would I buy another. Sure would. They are a high energy dog. J picked up my last dog here, http://www.dogwoodrescue.org/ She3 was one year old when I got her.
    Last edited by ruger#1; 01-08-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Originally thought swift current was more of a 20 hour drive and for myself yes 40 hours of driving to go get a pup is a lot! Would I? Good chance I would if I can't find a breeder closer. But I would really like to meet the parents of the litter and see the dogs. Would really rather not make 2 trips to Saskatchewan if there are some good reputable breeders here in bc.

I am not trying to be harsh on you but, I would personally drive across Canada to get a good pup from a good breeding rather than a mediocre pup from a breeder close by, but that's just me. If you get a mediocre pup you will regret it, trust me and in the long run it will cost you a lot more in more ways than one. Buying and acquiring the pup is the cheap part.

Dog_River

Quote Originally Posted by sakofinnlight View Post
    Originally thought swift current was more of a 20 hour drive and for myself yes 40 hours of driving to go get a pup is a lot! Would I? Good chance I would if I can't find a breeder closer. But I would really like to meet the parents of the litter and see the dogs. Would really rather not make 2 trips to Saskatchewan if there are some good reputable breeders here in bc.

Definately appreciate the input you have, and that's why I started this post. For all I know I could drive to Ontario for a dog that is just mediocre and have a breeder I don't know about right here in my backyard, so I'm looking for as to where everyone has got their dogs from and the success they have had. And Iam not getting a gsp to hunt birds, Iam looking at them because of their nose and how smart they are. Again I have never owned the breed but love what I have been hearing from people who do own them and how great of a dog they can be with training. I want a hiking companion and he will be trained to be my shed dog!

Try Scott and Roxanne Chavis outta Buckley, Washington I had two pointers and one was from them. Awesome breeder even better dogs. I don't have there number anymore. Goodluck
    majorguns