Watching wildTV a week back and saw a Bowhunter TV episode where they were truck road hunting black bears in northern BC. The forest service road was pretty much single lane with bush on each side. A cow moose and very fresh calf were encountered on the road. The filming from the truck proceeds as they continue to approach the pair. The cow stands over her calf, holding her ground and becomes very agitated at about the 10-20 yard distance. She looks to be showing obvious signs. (Hair standing straight on back/neck etc) Instead of stopping or better backing off until the pair move off into the bush, the truck continues slowly to the point the cow charges the front of the vehicle to within inches. Lots of camera's including a cell phone being held out the window recording it all. The narrative before and during and after just ads to my thoughts that they really should have been more patient in letting these moose get off the road. There appears to be additional video portions cut, but the end scene is the truck doing about a 10 ft pass of cow and calf on the side of the road where the cow proceeds to chase the truck for a ways in it's dust.
They have the encounter highlighted on the Bowhunter TV website. Would you have handled the situation in the same manner? I don't think I would have.
Go to bowhunter dot com /tv scroll down to second video line and view the "moose encounter while hunting black bear video"
Am I off base here ?