Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeding Bear?

Re: Feeding Bear?

raw organic dog food is a new fad with wealthy people. if you go to speciatly pet food shops and see how much raw meat costs you will want to feed your dog bear.

my aunt has standard poodles that had digestion problems and she tried them on raw food instead of the 200$ a month medicine the vet recomended and they are perfectly healthy now, the only thing is you have to adjust your dog over time or they get the runs,
    humans are the same way we can eat raw meat but because we dont we have lost the enzyme that helps us break the raw protine down, but if we aclimatize ourselves to raw meat, maybe one small peice a day along with our regular meals we develope the enzime and become able to eat any raw meat.

i was going to start my dog on raw diet when i got him but at the time i couldent afford the specialty meats and didnt have the time to prepare an extra meal each day so he is on dry food for now,

i did try a stew as suggested but he refuses to eat anything a vegetable has touched, we give him stew and he picks out the meat and wont eat the gravy or veggies.
    Last edited by spreerider; 01-20-2008 at 12:25 AM.

My Rottie gets raw trimmings from whatever is hanging in the shed. Most all the leg bones are her's too. I was asked about tric, but I don't think it's as big a deal as most folks think.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

i feed my dog bear meat sometimes, i wrap it in tinfoil and cook it for 30 min . 2lbs, chunks stewing meat size. loves it

Its also good human food, take the best cuts for yourself and give the dog the others.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 270WIN View Post
    take a wolf hi bread or even a blue heeler witch is just a dingo they are raw meat eater in the wild
    Wild Carnivores and such are often full of parasites and worms, it's just part of nature.....that's why we evolved to cook meat...not just for taste but some Caveman way back discovered that he didn't get sick or pee out of his ars when the Meat was cooked

Sure 99% of the time Raw wild meat is fine for dogs....but you are taking a chance with it...and with your dog.