Thread: Making sense of hunting in Quebec

Making sense of hunting in Quebec

I'll be moving to Quebec at the end of 2016 (postponed just so I can enjoy one last fall in BC) and I have been trying to make sense of the hunting regulations in Quebec - and am at a loss, with all the different classes of park, zone and territory. Can anybody, who has hunted in Quebec as a resident, explain this to me, in plain english? Salmon fishing too, for that matter. I'll be based in Montreal, with a cabin in the laurentians, south of Tremblant.

Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Making sense of hunting in Quebec

I don't know about around Tremblant but in the eastern townships, south east of montreal, you pretty much need to either own a large tract of land or belong to the local hunting club. From what I've been told it's kind of an old boys system because the huntable land is in such high demand.

I have a friend who was offered 800,000.00 for his 60 acres and a older cabin by two guys from Montreal so they could have a place to go and hunt deer.
    Rejuvenation: Sitting in the slash in sub-zero temperatures waiting for first light and hearing antlers clashing together. Oh man, life is good!

my first thought was, how long until b.c. is like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Philcott View Post
    I don't know about around Tremblant but in the eastern townships, south east of montreal, you pretty much need to either own a large tract of land or belong to the local hunting club. From what I've been told it's kind of an old boys system because the huntable land is in such high demand.

I have a friend who was offered 800,000.00 for his 60 acres and a older cabin by two guys from Montreal so they could have a place to go and hunt deer.
    Is this Canada? Wait forget that question though sounds like Europe or Texas.

Thanks Philcott,

anybody else?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

We have a Quebec member on here murraybrook, he's very knowledgeable? He may be able to help
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 03-09-2016 at 02:23 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America