Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site c....

Quote Originally Posted by Monashee View Post
    The older i get the more it is realized that once green space is gone then buddy it's gone forever. As hunters we are all conservationists which means conserving the natural systems that are already there . It is that simple . Site C destroys essential habitat forever . It's a sad day for hunters of BC
    Yes it will destroy some area,,,but dont we have still so much wilderness in bc..and it is not all negative,,,what about fishing around that area?...when dam is gonna build.......we are not gonna build new dam every year..maybe that is gonna be last big one..

Re: Site "C"

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    We are paying top dollar, so are the other provinces. Especially compared to man US states that also get power from hydroelectric. But as Canadians I also feel we pay too much for everything
    Jeepers .... today is bizarro day .... people on this page saying the NDP did the right thing and me agreeing with Fisherdude ...
    sorry SWAT .. in this case you are dead assed wrong ... BC in comparison is cheap .... however still way over priced in my opinion.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Wait till the indians start suing the Province, this is gonna cost us BILLIONS.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Holy ol Frack, I can't believe I am happy to give the nod to the Dippers on this one..
    Must have been a lot of unions putting on the pressure to keep it going..
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

No doubt site C is an ill-conceived project/boondoggle. It is risky & not needed now or in the near future & there are much better/cheaper alternatives.
    Estimated cost now close to 11 billion from $5 billion in 2011.

Just watch the many unforeseen/wilfully hidden problems cropping up over the next 5+ years drastically raising the final price. My guess well over 15 billion & counting.

Consider Newfoundland Muskrat Falls megaproject ¾ way finished now estimated at close to 13 billion & climbing from the initial 6 billion+ estimate 5 years ago.

AW response- Extremely disheartening decision by BC NDP to proceed with fiscally reckless Site C project

http://www.andrewweavermla.ca/2017/1...-site-project/

Way to go AW!
    Last edited by mpotzold; 12-11-2017 at 04:57 PM.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Jeepers .... today is bizarro day .... people on this page saying the NDP did the right thing and me agreeing with Fisherdude ...
    sorry SWAT .. in this case you are dead assed wrong ... BC in comparison is cheap .... however still way over priced in my opinion.
    So im wrong but you agree with me that we are paying too much?

We pay exactly the north american average........on the first half of the bill and an additional 50 percent on the second half. We are paying way to much for our own resources yes of course many places pay more and many pay less but my argument is we are still paying too much.

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    So im wrong but you agree with me that we are paying too much?

We pay exactly the north american average........on the first half of the bill and an additional 50 percent on the second half. We are paying way to much for our own resources yes of course many places pay more and many pay less but my argument is we are still paying too much.
    Give some examples of those that pay less, not generalizations of "many" but just some that pay less. I think you will be surprised that you won't be able to find "many" to back up your assertions...
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    I hope he scraps it completely.
    It should have never started and will go down as a major waste of money.
    X2 and the habitat devastation would be for ever and no amount of money could remedy that
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    Yes it will destroy some area,,,but dont we have still so much wilderness in bc..and it is not all negative,,,what about fishing around that area?...when dam is gonna build.......we are not gonna build new dam every year..maybe that is gonna be last big one..
    Can't believe you said that...."maybe"!!!!
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    Give some examples of those that pay less, not generalizations of "many" but just some that pay less. I think you will be surprised that you won't be able to find "many" to back up your assertions...
    https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...-in-your-state