Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

I agree its likely not needed, however it has been on the books since the 70's, millions spent on design, reputations and ego's at stake. So it will get pushed thru, Sad really.
    Such pristine country!

Existing dams in the area are due for major upgrades because of age and new construction and seisimic standards.

The construction of the new Dam will bring prosperity to the region in a time when oil and gas revenues are low, Many in the area have an inflated lifestyle that has
    been funded by oil and gas. Its Nice when industry is booming not so nice when it isn't. But really from down here who are we to decide, its the locals who will be affected, loss of land for farming, hunting and fishing, yet some good long and short term jobs will be available, a project like this can make careers for them the are willing to take on the responsibilty.

Just some thoughts

^I have a few buddies that lost their jobs in FortMac and are now building the siteC camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Singleshotneeded View Post
    Git 'er dun! The North needs power...otherwise those peeps up there will freeze and drive down here to escape...then the southern woods will get really crowded!
    I doubt it lol
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    Just build natural gas fired plants as needed, where needed.

I don't think any other government would build "site C" with all the available NG we have, just to try and save face
    pretty well to the point! Costs less more long term jobs.
    Resident hunter and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    Just build natural gas fired plants as needed, where needed.
    I don't think any other government would build 'Site C' with all the available NG we have, just to try and save face.
    Nailed it ..... ^
    But ...... Christy Clark wants a monument to herself .....
    She figures she's a 'mover and shaker' in the pattern of the Bennett's .....

The protesters, and the Native Bands are the only ones that can see how much dam good land will be lost, so in time, your going to see more and more yellow and orange extension cords stretched out to supply our "Neighbors" with cheap power, well we pay through the bloody nose for our "Own" power! But hey, what do I know, Eh?

The BC Gov gave away electricity from the Revelstoke Dam for years to the USA while we tax payers who paid to build the Dam paid regular prices ! WTF Site C is gonna be the same way ! jmo RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    The BC Gov gave away electricity from the Revelstoke Dam for years to the USA while we tax payers who paid to build the Dam paid regular prices ! WTF Site C is gonna be the same way ! jmo RJ
    Oh dont forget the BC government was sued & lost for wanting to get paid for its power that was never paid for....
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

Quote Originally Posted by OOBuck View Post
    Oh dont forget the BC government was sued & lost for wanting to get paid for its power that was never paid for....
    and when we finally had them over a barrel and made huge profits they sued powerex to get chit loads of it back http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...aims-1.1378482

Quote Originally Posted by Singleshotneeded View Post
    A short lifespan as well...hadn`t heard that bit of news...
    Every thread about Site C, I've alluded to it in some fashion. I thought it odd that nobody would ever argue the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..