Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

"Cancel and remediate the site" And at what cost; what a bunch of bloody monkeys. I'm sure glad my business isn't left to these fools. Continue the project to the end and get on with it. This would be the only infrastructure in this province built ahead of it's intended time; unlike our behind the times highways.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I have a simple solution and said it before.
    All against the project can sign a form and be the first to have their meters pulled when we are experiencing brownouts in the future and need to conserve.

Only fair thing to do if you want to block it.

Horgan can be the first to get cut off. Block head.

According to some critics, and if right, you'll see a significant increase in your hydro bill in order to pay for the dam due to a lack of demand, thus a lack of revenue. Demand 50 years from now to generate revenue on a bill due now. Not a good business model.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by SSG-man View Post
    I have a simple solution and said it before.
    All against the project can sign a form and be the first to have their meters pulled when we are experiencing brownouts in the future and need to conserve.

Only fair thing to do if you want to block it.

Horgan can be the first to get cut off. Block head.
    Why not just end the BC Hydro monopoly? If a private party wants to invest in a dam, let them take the risk and reward.

I'm not particular about the environmental impact, but I've been leery about the economic outlook of the project since I heard about it. My uncle with a Masters of Economics deplored the project structure when it was first announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Why not just end the BC Hydro monopoly? If a private party wants to invest in a dam, let them take the risk and reward.

I'm not particular about the environmental impact, but I've been leery about the economic outlook of the project since I heard about it. My uncle with a Masters of Economics deplored the project structure when it was first announced.
    You don't want private dam. Double waste to have the electrical power and some private company jacking the prices out of reach..does Ontario powers privatization and folks can't afford it.
    Steven

If the project is completed it will be here long after all of us on this site are gone. It is a 100 yr investment. Nat gas burning is not any good unless you want a huge emission puking engine in your neighbourhood and the smog that goes with it. Those engines use more gas in 1 day than you will use in your lifetime. Solar and wind is getting better if you live in a desert or in the prairies. Nuclear well that stuff just does not go away "forever". Hydropower is as clean and environmental friendly as you are going to get. If you do not want electricity pull your meter and do your part. Everywhere you go they are promoting electric cars and new devices. Where do you think this stuff comes from? Can't plug into a tree to get power. Private power companies Ha, just think a lot of us pay more for our cable bill than electricity for our homes.

I live by a reservoir created by a hydro-electric dam and , when I look out at the sand flats in the winter, where there was once trees and grasslands, I don't see the "environmentally friendly" aspect quite as clearly. Perhaps the real answer would be to abandon the idea that a continually increasing population is a good thing and accept that, at some point, growth has to stop. People can probably stop "being fruitful and multiplying" now. In fact, fifty years ago would have been a good time to begin to abandon that concept. GD

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    I live by a reservoir created by a hydro-electric dam and , when I look out at the sand flats in the winter, where there was once trees and grasslands, I don't see the "environmentally friendly" aspect quite as clearly. Perhaps the real answer would be to abandon the idea that a continually increasing population is a good thing and accept that, at some point, growth has to stop. People can probably stop "being fruitful and multiplying" now. In fact, fifty years ago would have been a good time to begin to abandon that concept. GD
    You can move to china if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer001 View Post
    If the project is completed it will be here long after all of us on this site are gone. It is a 100 yr investment. Nat gas burning is not any good unless you want a huge emission puking engine in your neighbourhood and the smog that goes with it. Those engines use more gas in 1 day than you will use in your lifetime. Solar and wind is getting better if you live in a desert or in the prairies. Nuclear well that stuff just does not go away "forever". Hydropower is as clean and environmental friendly as you are going to get. If you do not want electricity pull your meter and do your part. Everywhere you go they are promoting electric cars and new devices. Where do you think this stuff comes from? Can't plug into a tree to get power. Private power companies Ha, just think a lot of us pay more for our cable bill than electricity for our homes.
    Someone who gets it.

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post

Do your homework on Ontario and tell us if you still feel the same.

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    Socrates.