Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site c....

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    Yes it will destroy some area,,,but dont we have still so much wilderness in bc..and it is not all negative.
    No we don't have "So Much Wilderness " in the form of critical river bottom land . Or farm land for that matter , do some research before you start making uniformed statements .

“The productivity of the agricultural land in the Peace River Valley is incredible: it is unique not only in the Peace River region, but in British Columbia and Western Canada,” says soil scientist Eveline Wolterson, who gave expert testimony in the review process for the proposed Site C dam.
    Forget Delta and Langley. Forget the Okanagan. Farmers in the Peace Valley report yields that are unheard of elsewhere in B.C. The Peace Valley is the only place in northern B.C. that is able to produce heat-loving crops such as cantaloupes, cucumbers, and peppers. According to agrologist Wendy Holm, also an expert witness in the Site C hearings, the land to be flooded by Site C is capable of producing high-yielding fruits and vegetables for over a million people.
    That’s right. A million—a quarter of the B.C. population. Every year. Forever.
    And the B.C. government wants to flood this land?

Re: Site "C"

Im No NDP er BUT i am NOT in Favor of site C project But i am not voting against it either as a LOT of people need it and are depending on it too ! jmo RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Our kids and grandkids will benefit from clean, cheap power .
    Who says that the power generated from the Site C dam will go to anyone in BC ? Or will it be sold to the USA and Alberta for oil-sand extraction ?

What is the lifespan of the damn before it is silted up from the ever-collapsing banks of the Peace River ? I've seen figures of anywhere from 80 -150 years . The river already has value in the form of farm land with huge potential to increase and how do you put a price on the eco-system , the critical winter habitat for those wild meaty critters we like to eat . The canoeing and other boating locals do and the tourism potential for foreigners willing to lay down cash annually to go canoeing on a natural section of the mighty Peace river with a chance to see the native animals ... yep that has value too .

the loss of such fertile land that helps winter some of the most ungulates we have the process is a cardinal sin..

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    the loss of such fertile land that helps winter some of the most ungulates we have the process is a cardinal sin..
    I agree, but whats been done is done...

I believe they have a plan in place to help make up for this (not that it ever will), if I recall?

If so, important for BCWF and all wildlife advocates to hold them accountable!

Also shame whom ever is in power, to do much more, including North American Wildlife Act!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Doesn't sound like that's been happening, or there is too much faith in it occurring. Quote from the most recent fed media blast below. The only hope there is of stopping it now is aboriginal road blocks of all forms. Short of that, there will be compensation, I doubt much of it will be directed at wildlife and habitat compensation though.

"Fish and Wildlife Compensation Programs, (FWCP) continue to be an issue for the BC Wildlife Federation.

The mandate of the compensation programs to address fish and wildlife losses appears to be diluted in terms of larger cumulative effects in the Columbia and Peace Basins. These FWCP programs have lost their way—they are supposed to restore fish and wildlife habitat and populations impacted by hydro developments. Instead funds are being spent on non-impacted resources and funds are being used to promote BC Hydro’s image. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    I agree, but whats been done is done...

I believe they have a plan in place to help make up for this (not that it ever will), if I recall?

If so, important for BCWF and all wildlife advocates to hold them accountable!
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Doesn't sound like that's been happening, or there is too much faith in it occurring. Quote from the most recent fed media blast below. The only hope there is of stopping it now is aboriginal road blocks of all forms. Short of that, there will be compensation, I doubt much of it will be directed at wildlife and habitat compensation though.

"Fish and Wildlife Compensation Programs, (FWCP) continue to be an issue for the BC Wildlife Federation.

The mandate of the compensation programs to address fish and wildlife losses appears to be diluted in terms of larger cumulative effects in the Columbia and Peace Basins. These FWCP programs have lost their way—they are supposed to restore fish and wildlife habitat and populations impacted by hydro developments. Instead funds are being spent on non-impacted resources and funds are being used to promote BC Hydro’s image. "
    Thx for your response WB!

I assumed good intentions don't and havn't gone beyond that...

Is this though not an excellent chance to change that?

We have a ton of support from all corners, right now.

This is where an organization like bcwf could ban together with others,ie, Western Wildlife Committee for example?

Or am I out to lunch? LOL
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Thx for your response WB!

I assumed good intentions don't and havn't gone beyond that...

Is this though not an excellent chance to change that?

We have a ton of support from all corners, right now.

This is where an organization like bcwf could ban together with others,ie, Western Wildlife Committee for example?

Or am I out to lunch? LOL

No, we have to keep calling for more hunting regulations instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    No, we have to keep calling for more hunting regulations instead.
    Yea, like leh for bucks, shared hunts only...

Re: Site c....

Regardless of where one sits on the political spectrum, with the exponential increase in population, paralleled by the increase in demand for power/energy, decisions have to be made as to where power and energy comes from.
    Whatever the source of power and energy, there is a cost....especially from an "environmental" standpoint.

Hydro, solar, fossil fuel, wind power, tidal...they all come with a cost.

Hydro still currently serves as the cleanest, most reliable, and most cost effective source of electricity.