Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

Hydro bills to pay for sure and the one without the friendly reminder is also coming... from the planet, says "final notice".

You've used an average of 4 kWh or 12% more electricity per day than this billing period last year.

This is what I keep seeing on my hydro bills...really cannot figure out how we can just keep on using more year over year when nothing has changed around our home. AND now I am being told the led lights we installed are messing up hydros readings and they are guessing how much to charge us?? HOW do we combat this??

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Interesting, do you have a smart meter yet??

We have a country home, just the two of us...ours is $140 a month on equal payments...we have all led lights, electric hot water, wood heat, we only plug in the vehicles when it is really really cold. And we run an oil filled electric heater in the chicken house over the winter. It seems like our power usage just inexplicably keeps going up and up....we have a smart meter now.
    We do have a smart meter..5 years? This year the month of Nov. Is up a bit more than Nov2106..but Ii have turned up the heat being so very sick and home so much more..
    Heating water by electricity is expensive. .
    They all are crooks. .trouble is who DO you believe?
    Cheers
    Steven

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    They all are crooks. .trouble is who DO you believe?
    Cheers
    Steven
    If your hen house was being robbed, and a hen had the ability to articulate how and who it was, would you believe her? Or believe the fox, even after you know he stole the keys months ago?

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    You've used an average of 4 kWh or 12% more electricity per day than this billing period last year.

This is what I keep seeing on my hydro bills...really cannot figure out how we can just keep on using more year over year when nothing has changed around our home. AND now I am being told the led lights we installed are messing up hydros readings and they are guessing how much to charge us?? HOW do we combat this??

here's my plan;

document everything that's said between me, hydro, the regulators, and the meter manufacturers. When I ask a question- I record their answer, verbatim.

granted, this a huge hassle, but I'm stuck paying whatever they say and it happens to be an extra 2.5k a year in my case. Every bill is a dice roll, with no apparent effect on my end.

ive installed a mechanical meter to record actual consumption. Nothing illegal about this, as long as you have an electrician pass off on it. For now, the utility claims its meters are more accurate, despite admitting that they regularly estimate our consumption for the purposes of billing. But eventually the utility will have to explain the discrepancies. Who knows, maybe that could be a business opportunity for someone.

Site c....

Just a heads up ...On Global news it was said Horgan is going to give Go ahead for Site C ..Announcement tomorrow Dec 11th Dennis...

Re: Site c....

They have to give the go ahead. They can`t spend 4 Billion and have nothing to show for it.

They could stop it and save a future $6-10B not yet committed.

Hydro isn't necessarily the future of power generation and we don't need the power at the moment. IMO, hold off and find other means to create power as technology progresses.
    Last edited by 604ksmith; 12-10-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    What goes around, comes around. Think first, and always act with respect.

I hope he scraps it completely.
    It should have never started and will go down as a major waste of money.

He couldn't scrap it cause he would be left with a big cleanup and restoration bill of about 4-5 Billion with money already spent ...I think you will have seen the last clean energy of hydro electric power in BC ..It will be used...