Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    yeah BC hydro has us listed as a farm too. Our consumption goes up, then stays stubbornly pegged no matter what we turn off.

I know a lady that's paying 100bucks a month for her well shack meter.

The "service" reps at hydro have a list of boiler plate excuses that they literally read off their screens while they're on the phone with you. Nobody has ever been interested in coming out to see what the problem is.

You can prove it though, put an old mechanical meter in series to the electronic one. If there's no load in between, they should match. Hint; they won't. Whether you can end up anything about the discrepancy remains to be seen.
    I have metering systems that are relatively cheap and track your electricity usage. You can call Hydro on BS if you think it exists, but generally speaking from my experience, they aren't wrong often.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    We run a jacuzzi 24..7..heater..plus 4 vehicle heaters ..just 1 load laundry day, lights, heat is natural gas fans are electric..gas hwt..however being high efficiency. .it too has a fan now.
    Our bills are the same for years..both LNG. .and hydro...something really wrong with your bills..unless 300 kms in bush and getting charged different rates? Or hydro pole use just for his residence?
    Our bill seems to be our use age. .the numbers you give seem excessive to me.
    Srupp
    Yea, its time for Pemby to put some insulation in his attic!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Yea, its time for Pemby to put some insulation in his attic!
    yeah, that's what BC hydro says too! R40 up there now, air sealing and putting another r20 is on the to do list. But it's really all moot, given I'm hearing with wood. Any excess heat transfer should show up in chain oil purchases, not kWh on my meter.

Pemby_mess Guest

We run a jacuzzi 24..7..heater..plus 4 vehicle heaters ..just 1 load laundry day, lights, heat is natural gas fans are electric..gas hwt..however being high efficiency. .it too has a fan now.
    Our bills are the same for years..both LNG. .and hydro...something really wrong with your bills..unless 300 kms in bush and getting charged different rates? Or hydro pole use just for his residence?
    Srupp
    yeah, it is excessive. The dollar value, sure - but look at the values for KWHs hydro says I'm pulling. Same as having a dryer running 24hrs a day. I'm by no means alone;

This is happening all over the world by the way. This is a study done this year out of holland by a group of electrical engineers;

https://www.utwente.nl/en/news/!/201...gy-consumption

http://www.powerengineeringint.com/a...ntroversy.html
    Last edited by Pemby_mess; 12-15-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Pemby_mess Guest

Same me problem in California. In fact they've started pulling them out, with no admission of wrong-doing.

Old video, but do you buy this? BC hydro says the same verbatim:

Srupp
    I also think you are getting off light at least in comparison to what we use and get charged.

Some really good discussion here but gonna throw in my 2 bits. Wildlife habitat will be changed agreed. Will it make everyone happy NO! Payback on this project if comparable to peace or Williston 15-20 yrs based on current power prices that are just gonna go up which is kinda the norm for mega project paybacks. If not are scrapped. This is also on a 100 yr plant. Revenue will probably go to coffers of whatever gov't that is in power to subsidize whatever. If they can sell to alberta or whomever and take out a fossil burning plant would take "billions" of tons of pollutants that we are currently puking into our air. I wonder if that will affect habitat? When it comes to electrical costs, look at your household bills and see what you are paying for your cell phones and TV. Cost analyst guys make a living on how much they can bleed from the stock( you and me ) before we have a financial collapse. Cost of living will go up 2-3% minimum per year until you die. BC hydro is in dire straits for upgrades and you are going to pay for that to - get used to it. They got all they could out of that horse and now need to spend some money. Electric cars are the next fad that is a total recyclable low emission car which is a step forward. But unless you are gonna plug into a tree or put granola into electricity is required. Smart meters ensures everyone pays for what they are using. Some of us were surprised including me. Something I pay attention to now. Probably should have done along time ago. Do not like change unless it costs me more. Hydrogen cars, like the idea until you have a car accident downtown Vancouver. Think about that one.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer001 View Post
    Payback on this project if comparable to peace or Williston 15-20 yrs based on current power prices that are just gonna go up
    I have to say; this is an extraordinary claim. Can you give us a brief run-down on how you get there.

An optimistice projection on output is 5.1gwh max capacity at point of generation. So even at full tilt and .13kwhs retail, you've got about $650M/A revenue. That gets you to 18.5 years, BUT..... You've got to figure in operating costs, transmission losses (not inconsequential being so far away from population centers), the fact that it won't operate at its full capacity as is the nature of reservoirs, and that its raisone d'etre is going to be getting its power for .06 kWh.

maybe you know more about it than I, but I just don't see a 20 year payback with the project as its proposed.

As I conceded to FD, there may be bigger picture motivations if you view the installation as requisite to developing NG resources, but that IMO, is outside the BC Hydro core mandate, which therefore begets a higher burden of proof to go ahead with.

I'm also not convinced wholesale prices for electricity necessarily going up much, is a foregone conclusion. There are plenty of forces at work that are both disruptive to the central generation/distribution model, and deflationary. Rising retail prices decoupled from the wholesale market will only set that process in motion more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer001 View Post
    Hydrogen cars, like the idea until you have a car accident downtown Vancouver. Think about that one.
    Less dangerous than methane, ethane, or propane. The Hindenburg looked worse than it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    We will NEVER personally see a benefit from this dam.
    There may have been people who felt this way when WAC Bennett built the power system we benefit from today with exceptionally low electricity rates compared to the rest of North America.

Thankfully, we moved forward and did the right thing back then, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !