Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

[QUOE=Pemby_mess;19 6 21st Lots of CA househols without thento the same position. Mostral ones, as in Ontario. We just have a stronger disinforman campaign here. My father-in-law is the most frugal person I know by a long shot - last winter he was paying 600/month for his hydro. Little old man, by himself, heating with wood, sitting in the dark and 4 layers of clothes on.

ontario's problem is exactly the same as BC's - don't kid yourself. Same people involved to. I'll stay away from conspiracy theories because conspiracies between a total of two organizations are unthinkable![/QUOTE]

Hmm I learn something new many times a day..i understand what you are saying..but dont comprehend..
    Where does he live? I pay 100 every month during fall...winter..less the rest of the year.my fishing buddy pays equal payments of $30month for his modular home.
    So your brothers bill Is six times mine..600%..without furnace fans..our heat ..hence the fan is on 24..7..
    If our 2 vehicles were not plugged In with 2 large heaters..my bill would drop from $100 to $75..per month.
    Why and how can your brothers bill be so high.
    I do want to understand the reasons..
    Thank you.
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Frankly, I do not believe the assertion that Site C will churn out anywhere near 1,000 permanent jobs... that is wishful thinking and more spin from our "leaders". This project is nothing more than a chip off of Christy's greatly inflated ego and her pipe dream of an LNG utopia. Wait, it is more... it is without question a multi-generational DEBT that is unlikely to create sustainable long term jobs or new industry. We will end up selling power to Alberta and the US at a loss. Shameful.
    Yup, and do you recall when that CA governor, the "actor" with some rather mindless films to his credit, can't think of his name, came to BC and Gordo Campbell, gushed like a teenybopper all over him?

I said then that the Yanks were after another big power dam and this is it. We are being screwed again and we will regret this.........

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Thinking that Horgan's going to be around for some time now ....
    I Denote a bit of Sarcasm there Buddy ! LOL RJ

Would this be the guy!
    Making a fool of himself in France with his climate hysteria.

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    [QUOE=Pemby_mess;19 6 21st Lots of CA househols without thento the same position. Mostral ones, as in Ontario. We just have a stronger disinforman campaign here. My father-in-law is the most frugal person I know by a long shot - last winter he was paying 600/month for his hydro. Little old man, by himself, heating with wood, sitting in the dark and 4 layers of clothes on.

ontario's problem is exactly the same as BC's - don't kid yourself. Same people involved to. I'll stay away from conspiracy theories because conspiracies between a total of two organizations are unthinkable!
    Hmm I learn something new many times a day..i understand what you are saying..but dont comprehend..
    Where does he live? I pay 100 every month during fall...winter..less the rest of the year.my fishing buddy pays equal payments of $30month for his modular home.
    So your brothers bill Is six times mine..600%..without furnace fans..our heat ..hence the fan is on 24..7..
    If our 2 vehicles were not plugged In with 2 large heaters..my bill would drop from $100 to $75..per month.
    Thank you.
    Steven[/QUOTE]

Last year my farm bill average was $300/month. Keep in mind that included a incubator running full time, trough heater and some heat lamps. This we we cut all that out and the bill so far is averaging $317/month. That's just for a pull barn with nothing running in it not including my house. Called hydro and the tell me my use is up from last year. Go figure. I can't even argue with them because I have no way of proving it just the same as they have no way of proving my use

Nice to see a statement out of the McLeod Lake First Nation supporting the Site C project.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Frankly, I do not believe the assertion that Site C will churn out anywhere near 1,000 permanent jobs...
    Once built, it's all automated. Roughly 6 full time jobs.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I Denote a bit of Sarcasm there Buddy ! LOL RJ
    Astute as ever RJ .............

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Yup, and do you recall when that CA governor, the "actor" with some rather mindless films to his credit, can't think of his name, came to BC and Gordo Campbell, gushed like a teenybopper all over him?

I said then that the Yanks were after another big power dam and this is it. We are being screwed again and we will regret this.........
    Anybody remember the hydrogen highway? That was a scheme cooked up by Gordo and Arnie on one of those trips around that time. Ended up going splat, leaving Whistler with a 22M/A liability.

Pemby_mess Guest

Thank you.
    Steven
    Sounds to to me like you're paying too little. 100 bucks a month? And you say you heat with electric? Not bloody likely. If I were you, I'd count my blessings and keep my mouth shut about it. That's like 860 kWh a month - 25 a day.

It sounds like we use a lot less than you, but hydro is telling us we're cooking through 110kwh a day up, from an average of 70kwh per day last year. That includes our vacation time where we shut down the house. Mechanical meter says 16kwh -23kwh per day, and 6 when we were out of town.

my father in law rises and sets with the sun, eats cold food, makes rice every two days, washes all his dishes buy hand, and dries his laundry out by the airtight stove,.........lol. He's the most energy efficient man I've ever met - but hydro is saying he's an abuser - 4000kwh per month lol.

Through gh a few years of dealing with this, I've figured out the problem if you're interested. But it's the kind of thing people seem to shrug off if it's not affecting them.
    Last edited by Pemby_mess; 12-15-2017 at 12:32 AM.