Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    i was surprised to find out,,that there are near 100 hydro dams in bc..we are really clean energy province..of coarse most of those are small dams.but anyhow,,,is any of those near 100 dams been so called 'disaster' dams...or clearly mistakes after all? i have little doubt about that.. if you know better,,let us know..
    what are polls in bc saying about that site C dams...what % yes..what % no??? many FN people say yes anyways.
    You are kidding, aren't you? You haven't heard of the Columbia and Kootenay River systems? have you heard of Google?
    The end of all salmons (other than kokanee) in those river systems. The slow deaths of Duncan Lake, Kootenay Lake, Arrow Lakes, Kookanoosa and the man-made Kinbasket. The declines in sturgeon, and other native species. The costs of fertilization of the big lakes to slow their deaths. the cost of hatcheries for the release of sturgeon. The lower Columbia is really good fishing and most probably because of all of the hatcheries for trout and kokanee in Washington State and the trickle-down of the fertilization of the Arrow Lakes. Look up (Google again) the Columbia River Treaty. Go hunting along the Kinbasket and see what is left of the wildlife wintering grounds. See what is left of the ungulate population. Take the shades off, open your eyes and see.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Horgan,Weaver, Christie Clark sounds like you had a hard time voting?
    This thread owes it's existence to Crusty Clark. Horgan is in a tough place but still made the wrong decision IMO.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    You are kidding, aren't you? You haven't heard of the Columbia and Kootenay River systems? have you heard of Google?
    The end of all salmons (other than kokanee) in those river systems. The slow deaths of Duncan Lake, Kootenay Lake, Arrow Lakes, Kookanoosa and the man-made Kinbasket. The declines in sturgeon, and other native species. The costs of fertilization of the big lakes to slow their deaths. the cost of hatcheries for the release of sturgeon. The lower Columbia is really good fishing and most probably because of all of the hatcheries for trout and kokanee in Washington State and the trickle-down of the fertilization of the Arrow Lakes. Look up (Google again) the Columbia River Treaty. Go hunting along the Kinbasket and see what is left of the wildlife wintering grounds. See what is left of the ungulate population. Take the shades off, open your eyes and see.
    Hear Hear, well said Brez, I live in this particular corner of the province and IMO the Columbia and Kootenay river systems are a total disgrace for all the reasons Brez stated above, add to that I have one hell of a time finding a "legal" place to take my daughter fishing without having to vault barb wire fences and private resource property that vaguely resembles a riverbank. One glance over to whatever multitude of dams and note the wheel slowly spinning, hmmm 30% yearly output, seems like we need to build more??? Once again we turn to 1950's/60's tech as an excuse to spend money or project jobs. I am sick of our waterways and systems being clogged with industry in this province. We are not building for the future with site c, we are being redundant and wasteful.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    He deserves every ounce of disrespect he got here and far more. He never gave two licks about hunters and was only here, and at the legislature rally, to score political points and infact the asinine bill to require foreigners to remove grizzly meat to their home countries that he cooked up with the BCWF totally ****ed up the only real chance we had to head off the grizzly hunting ban. He is just another slimy politician and anyone that thinks he is on our side needs to open their eyes!
    Was there with you Bill.
    Met both 'clowns' ...
    They were gladhanding everything and anything in sight.
    Two-faced is a far too polite term for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    This thread owes it's existence to Crusty Clark. Horgan is in a tough place but still made the wrong decision IMO.
    No doubt in the IQ department she falls in the same class as pretty boy & okie-doke. A flunkie, a drama teacher on call, & a commie puppet.What do you expect?
    To save face Horgan should have let the people decide in a democratic way by holding a referendum.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

As the saying goes " log it, burn it, pave it."

And we would still have people complaining about the money spent in the name of democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post

To save face Horgan should have let the people decide in a democratic way by holding a referendum.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Had Whorgan cancelled the project, to date, what has been spent?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I think it was close to 2 billion, and another 2 billion would have been needed for remediation.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Had Whorgan cancelled the project, to date, what has been spent?
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I think it was close to 2 billion, and another 2 billion would have been needed for remediation.
    Ouch either way.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education