Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

Thinking that Horgan's going to be around for some time now ....

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Re: Site c....

Quote Originally Posted by Monashee View Post
    The older i get the more it is realized that once green space is gone then buddy it's gone forever. As hunters we are all conservationists which means conserving the natural systems that are already there . It is that simple . Site C destroys essential habitat forever . It's a sad day for hunters of BC
    Anyone read R M Patterson's books about his exploits throughout the north east of BC
    and north west of Alberta? Much of his canoeing is now, and is going to be underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    We're not paying top dollar for our power.

We're among the cheapest in Canada.

We are paying top dollar, so are the other provinces. Especially compared to man US states that also get power from hydroelectric. But as Canadians I also feel we pay too much for everything

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Thinking that Horgan's going to be around for some time now ....
    His Facebook page is exploding with all his NDP lackeys screaming at him.

He'll lose the soft NDPers to the Greenies next time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    We are paying top dollar, so are the other provinces. Especially compared to man US states that also get power from hydroelectric. But as Canadians I also feel we pay too much for everything
    No we aren't.

Vancouver is third cheapest in North American large cities.
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks

I say build it...eventually we will need the power. The LNG plants that aren't started yet will need power and it will have to come from somewhere. The gas in other countries will eventually run low and we will be able to export and will need the power. We are already this far in. Build it now and sell off the power to the states, just not a long term contract. As we need the power, we will have it. It really sucks losing that prime wildlife but the long term potential gain is a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Monashee View Post
    The older i get the more it is realized that once green space is gone then buddy it's gone forever. As hunters we are all conservationists which means conserving the natural systems that are already there . It is that simple . Site C destroys essential habitat forever . It's a sad day for hunters of BC
    Good day for fishermen though.

I wonder how Quebec keeps the rates that low for Montreal?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Good day for fishermen though.
    The bull trout will thrive. I'll never forget May long of 85 or maybe it was 86 a bunch of us camped out way up Williston lake on logging roads from the south end. I stroll from the tent down to a sandy beach where a feeder creek comes in right a day break. A couple guys are already casting I move to their left to get set up and bang! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz goes one real then bang again and other buddy's real starts screaming. I was going to get out of the way but he yells go for it we're good, right at the edge of the riffles there. I fling this but ugly swiveled hard bait like a flat fish on steroids as far as I can and let it settle, wait ... wait.. I tug and - bang! Tripple header baby They landed a twin couple of 8-9 lbers and mine was 12 plus.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    They could build a nuclear plant to power the lower mainland, they are still building them in Ontario so why not here?
    Nuclear is actually great. Good amount of energy for the space and infrastructure required, clean and very safe as long as you completely deplete the rods. However people still have bad thoughts about it after the whole chernobyl thing and now ***ushima... The key is just don't build on fault lines or in areas prone to natural disasters...