Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

if we are not gonna build it...our kids are gonna whine about it...it will cost wayy more to build 20 years ahead...windmills are not gonna make enaugh power,,,cost is huge..

To save money with BC Hydro you need to remove BC Hydro. They are incompetent and a complete waste of money. Try working on projects with them, if it wasn't for the fact that if you work on their projects you need to sign an NDA the public would have removed them years ago.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2017/12/06/S...ed-Says-Chief/

Common sense is just not that common Chief Willson. H Sapiens has a history of loving a fight. But no enemy has ever been as Kamikaze as the one in the morning mirror. If we do as we have always done, we will get what we have been getting. BC "supernatural" is a remnant of what it was even a decade ago. Slum Dog Millionaire is a good "lesson" movie in just what a human being will, over time, gradually accept as every day normal.
    Last edited by SeaScene; 12-06-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    if we are not gonna build it...our kids are gonna whine about it...it will cost wayy more to build 20 years ahead...windmills are not gonna make enaugh power,,,cost is huge..
    By then there will be another 3 or 4 better alternatives
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaScene View Post
    https://thetyee.ca/News/2017/12/06/S...ed-Says-Chief/

Common sense is just not that common Chief Willson. H Sapiens has a history of loving a fight. But no enemy has ever been as Kamikaze as the one in the morning mirror. If we do as we have always done, we will get what we have been getting. BC "supernatural" is a remnant of what it was even a decade ago. Slum Dog Millionaire is a good "lesson" movie in just what a human being will, over time, gradually accept as every day normal.
    That was poetic and beautiful. Thanks for that.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    Hydro rates will increase regardless of whether or not Site C is built. Taxes will increase regardless of whether or not Site C is built. When projects like this are undertaken, it is the equivalent of stirring the pot of money while those with access to the pot try to scoop out all they can. The rest of us are like remorae; along for the ride and hoping to pick up some crumbs. Of course, at the same time, money is taken from us and thrown back into the pot. If I was a construction worker in the area, I wouldn't care whether I was getting paid to build the dam or to repair the damage which has been done; either way, I'd be getting paid.
    If BC Hydro's power production capacity were to suddenly double, how many here believe hydro rates would drop? If Hydro was able to sell this excess power at a premium, would the stance of BC Hydro be, "lets give the BC ratepayer a break" or would it be, "BC ratepayers should be paying the same as international purchasers"? I don't believe altruism is a big part of BC Hydro's corporate mentality nor is it a big part of government mentality. GD
    Well said!! Hydro power sure won't fit into the supply and demand niche .

Hmmm built with taxpayers money..we took the risk..and paid for it...no reason we shouldn't be demanding a favoritable rate..the excess can be sold at a different rate..there is already a precidence for multiple tier pay rates..my bill yesterday charges one rate up to a certain use age. ..08 cents. .per kw or ? then it jumps to .12 cents per ?..
    Sell our excess at what makes us money...
    Srupp

Pemby_mess Guest

^ that'd be great if it worked that way, and indeed it's supposed to. But with Site C, it's industry that is getting the break at .06/kWh on a long term contract. If the province was willing to sign a long term discount contract with rate payers in exchange for putting up the capital, I'd be all for it.

unfortunately it's going to go the other way on us. Our Utility, is giving our suppliers huge money for procuring energy that we could be making ourselves with our current infrastructure. It's going to bleed us on both ends: taxes and hydro rates. I'm heating with wood and have an incoming bill for 900 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    ^ that'd be great if it worked that way, and indeed it's supposed to. But with Site C, it's industry that is getting the break at .06/kWh on a long term contract. If the province was willing to sign a long term discount contract with rate payers in exchange for putting up the capital, I'd be all for it.

unfortunately it's going to go the other way on us. Our Utility, is giving our suppliers huge money for procuring energy that we could be making ourselves with our current infrastructure. It's going to bleed us on both ends: taxes and hydro rates. I'm heating with wood and have an incoming bill for 900 bucks!
    Hmmm i guess I'm still in the dark on this subject..
    I live in Williams lake,42 year old home..have a few energy efficient lights..mostly the garage..high efficiency forced air furnace and hotwater tank.just Susan, our faithful pooch eEbony. .we plug our 2 vehicles in, both have a block heater and oil pan heater..
    Our hydro bill for 2 months was $200..for 61 days..or $3.28 per day...furnace, water, lights, cooking showers, laundry..everything..plus 2 vehicles with 4 high wattage heaters. ..I'm not Complaining about that..during may, June July Aug, sept it's much lower..yes $900 is expensive..this is about as high as our hydro gets..a bit higher in January. .feb but not much..
    Don't wear sweaters and turn the heat off..21 degrees ..and 19 at night..nor do we leave lights on..life..
    Natural gas is about the most reasonable heat source..and gain no complaints with that bill...

Just our experience..can't imagine a huge bill..couldn't manage that on my pension...ouch.
    Steven