Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

Exactly, well said.

The only hope of stopping the dam now is if the FNs court cases manage to shut it down. IF that was to happen the ndp/greene led government would be off the hook.

Let's hope the FNs court case has to go to the highest court in Canada and by that time the dam will be built and operating, tired of this FN BS, and anybody else trying to put a stop to progress, Just my thought's. Just get the show on the road.

"Progress"????? Destroying excellent wildlife habitat and farmland to indebt ourselves for billions so we can sell our power to the USA for minimal cost and probably not even get paid???

You gotta stop smoking that schidt, son, it's addling your pate!

I was raised in the Peace Country on the Alberta side of the border. The wildlife value of the Peace river watershed is immense. It's arguably the most productive wildlife land base in the entire province. Destroying that habitat is a poor decision IMO.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    why the left wing lunatics should never, ever be allowed to govern this province.
    no honestly, this does get old...Im all for debate and conversation, but its the same tiny group of guys that have stupid points like this to spew in every post. Not worth my time
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

For my understanting even Fn .s are duvided in this issue..lots of yes opinion from them

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G1 View Post
    Let's hope the FNs court case has to go to the highest court in Canada and by that time the dam will be built and operating, tired of this FN BS, and anybody else trying to put a stop to progress, Just my thought's. Just get the show on the road.
    looking to 19th century solutions in the face of 21st century problems is diametric to progress.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    When you live in a microcosm, the big picture escapes you easily.

Not factoring in the financial benefits to all British Columbians from developments that could produce 100,000 wealth-creating jobs, and focussing only on the revenue from bulk power buys, is why the left wing lunatics should never, ever be allowed to govern this province.

Not seeing the "big picture"? Coming from someone so entrenched with such a binary political compass; I'll take that as affirmation.

Explain to me this then:

Why is it when an NG compressor buys huge amounts of power, forcing the construction of an other mega dam, they get a signicant discount rate; whereas the average rate payer, funding the required project, on multiple line items, gets punished for same bulk purchasing?

The reasoning for step 2 pricing suggests that rate payers using power above the limits of the cheaper legacy installations pay more, and therefore capacity is freed up to sell at higher rates to ......... In the case of site C, the opposite dynamic is at work. The utility is using pricing to ration out power to the bulk of the population paying its bills, while an industry yet to demonstrate potential for profitability gets access to the cheapest power on the planet? You're being conned.

What is your definition of "progress"?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G1 View Post
    progress
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.