Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Just you wait....West Moberly and Prophet are now standing up to fight this. More money will be pissed away fighting their battles and in the end, a closed door deal that will include a ton of $$$ and a ton of SQ km of land that will be "off Limits" to non status.

Cheers

SS
    Didn't that happen in a few spots along the Peace already??? I just can't stand behind any deal that says non aboriginal hunters aren't welcome to hunt on crown lands...no sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    I think it was close to 2 billion, and another 2 billion would have been needed for remediation.
    You just wait and see!
    $10.7 billion is a gross & willful underestimate of the project's cost. Unforeseen will be a common word in the next 7 to 9 years.
    My guess-well over 15 billion & counting.
    And lets not forget that if the injunction fails the settlement/s with the FN could cost us another 2 billion or so!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Oh yeah, I have no doubt. Once all the settlements with aboriginals are buttoned up, I can see 20 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    You just wait and see!
    $10.7 billion is a gross & willful underestimate of the project's cost. Unforeseen will be a common word in the next 7 to 9 years.
    My guess-well over 15 billion & counting.
    And lets not forget that if the injunction fails the settlement/s with the FN could cost us another 2 billion or so!
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Had Whorgan cancelled the project, to date, what has been spent?
    The question should be and is; "What's it going to cost us?"
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    The question should be and is; "What's it going to cost us?"
    According to the laws of supply and demand, our hydro rates should go down with all that surplus power being available.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    According to the laws of supply and demand, our hydro rates should go down with all that surplus power being available.
    the monopoly ensures you don't see the benefit of a surplus. They can charge you what they want, because from their perspective, you have no other potential supplier. In the eyes of BC Hydro, you are both the justification and the bulwark to their monopoly. Keeping their monopoly, at the end of the day, is their sole motivation.

On the other hand, big industry will see the benefit of the surplus. The ones that were being groomed for the Liberal's pet projects anyway. The proposed NG compressors in the NE have been offered 6c/kWh, while your price for the same power is well on its way to .20. So much for a dividend. The NW transmission line is ostensibly to get Iksut off gennies, but it's well known what's planned for mines to go in. Trying to payoff that dam at 60k/gwh is going to take a really long time. Meanwhile the price of NG continues it's 20 year search for a new rock bottom. (which, if you remember, is the whole reason this dam debacle started in the first place)
    Last edited by Pemby_mess; 12-14-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    the monopoly ensures you don't see the benefit of a surplus. They can charge you what they want, because from their perspective, you have no other potential supplier. In the eyes of BC Hydro, you are both the justification and the bulwark to their monopoly. Keeping their monopoly, at the end of the day, is their sole motivation.

On the other hand, big industry will see the benefit of the surplus. The ones that were being groomed for the Liberal's pet projects anyway. The proposed NG compressors in the NE have been offered 6c/kWh, while your price for the same power is well on its way to .20. So much for a dividend. The NW transmission line is ostensibly to get Iksut off gennies, but it's well known what's planned for mines to go in. Trying to payoff that dam at 60k/gwh is going to take a really long time. Meanwhile the price of NG continues it's 20 year search for a new rock bottom. (which, if you remember, is the whole reason this dam debacle started in the first place)
    When you live in a microcosm, the big picture escapes you easily.

Not factoring in the financial benefits to all British Columbians from developments that could produce 100,000 wealth-creating jobs, and focussing only on the revenue from bulk power buys, is why the left wing lunatics should never, ever be allowed to govern this province.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I hate this dam and will NEVER vote for ANY of those responsible for it's building. Corporatist "lunatics" and landraping scum!

take this thread to the politics section...this type of thread is getting so old on here...
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    take this thread to the politics section...this type of thread is getting so old on here...
    This stuff never gets old....if you are concerned about the future of our province and the conservation and preservation of wildlife and habitat. It just gets frustrating.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"