Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

As much as I despise the NDP, their decision on site C would have been really difficult. I never supported the project based on wildlife habitat loss.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Actually no such promise was made

the platform stated the BCUC was to look at the project ...
    Close minded BC lib supporters and radical anti-industry people put the words “I promise” in his mouth
    For starters-Speaks for itself see post#305
    AW-
    I know of quite a number of NDP MLAs who campaigned on stopping Site C. For example, the agriculture minister, Lana Popham, earlier this year told a Victoria audience:
    “we would send this to the BCUC immediately, we would speed up the BCUC process, make it sixty days, and we would have that decision. There is no way that this project would pass.”
    “in my view, we’re nine seats away from being able to stop Site C.

Michelle Mungall, the Minister for Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources told a group of Site C protesters that her government would stop Site C and implement their Power BC plan instead. John Horgan, our premier proudly held up a “Site C sucks” sign when he visited the Peace Valley prior to the last election.

When in opposition, George Heyman (now the minister of environment) was noted as saying “the dam project is wrong on every count because of its negative impact on agriculture, the environment, First Nations, clean energy commitments, economics, and the promise of jobs”. Many other NDP MLAs have spoken out against Site C or attended the annual Paddle for the Peace in celebration of the beautiful Peace Valley and in opposition to Site C.

FN will be filing a court injunction to stop construction of Site C, on the grounds that it violates the 1899 Treaty No. 8 agreement.
    Let’s hope they’re successful. This is our only hope!
    http://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/site...ion-1.23119088
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    For starters-Speaks for itself see post#305
    AW-
    I know of quite a number of NDP MLAs who campaigned on stopping Site C. For example, the agriculture minister, Lana Popham, earlier this year told a Victoria audience:
    “we would send this to the BCUC immediately, we would speed up the BCUC process, make it sixty days, and we would have that decision. There is no way that this project would pass.”
    “in my view, we’re nine seats away from being able to stop Site C.

Michelle Mungall, the Minister for Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources told a group of Site C protesters that her government would stop Site C and implement their Power BC plan instead. John Horgan, our premier proudly held up a “Site C sucks” sign when he visited the Peace Valley prior to the last election.

When in opposition, George Heyman (now the minister of environment) was noted as saying “the dam project is wrong on every count because of its negative impact on agriculture, the environment, First Nations, clean energy commitments, economics, and the promise of jobs”. Many other NDP MLAs have spoken out against Site C or attended the annual Paddle for the Peace in celebration of the beautiful Peace Valley and in opposition to Site C.

FN will be filing a court injunction to stop construction of Site C, on the grounds that it violates the 1899 Treaty No. 8 agreement.
    Let’s hope they’re successful. This is our only hope!
    http://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/site...ion-1.23119088
    Great post let's hope they can stop this lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Monashee View Post
    No we don't have "So Much Wilderness " in the form of critical river bottom land . Or farm land for that matter , do some research before you start making uniformed statements .

“The productivity of the agricultural land in the Peace River Valley is incredible: it is unique not only in the Peace River region, but in British Columbia and Western Canada,” says soil scientist Eveline Wolterson, who gave expert testimony in the review process for the proposed Site C dam.
    Forget Delta and Langley. Forget the Okanagan. Farmers in the Peace Valley report yields that are unheard of elsewhere in B.C. The Peace Valley is the only place in northern B.C. that is able to produce heat-loving crops such as cantaloupes, cucumbers, and peppers. According to agrologist Wendy Holm, also an expert witness in the Site C hearings, the land to be flooded by Site C is capable of producing high-yielding fruits and vegetables for over a million people.
    That’s right. A million—a quarter of the B.C. population. Every year. Forever.
    And the B.C. government wants to flood this land?
    It too bad that most of the land is in food for live stock, with a few grain fields mixed in. More money in livestock feed than food for people. There is one tract of land at the junction of the Red and Peace that grows these heat loving veggies for sale to either drive byes or the farmers market.

The biggest loss is the great winter/spring grounds that wildlife use to survive winters and preds. A lot of that land will be lost when it is flooded.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Compensation programs? You mean like closing tracts of land to hunting for everyone but FNS? I heard it was quite an issue up in the peace when the idea was first floated.
    Just you wait....West Moberly and Prophet are now standing up to fight this. More money will be pissed away fighting their battles and in the end, a closed door deal that will include a ton of $$$ and a ton of SQ km of land that will be "off Limits" to non status.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

i was surprised to find out,,that there are near 100 hydro dams in bc..we are really clean energy province..of coarse most of those are small dams.but anyhow,,,is any of those near 100 dams been so called 'disaster' dams...or clearly mistakes after all? i have little doubt about that.. if you know better,,let us know..
    what are polls in bc saying about that site C dams...what % yes..what % no??? many FN people say yes anyways.
    Last edited by finngun; 12-12-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    He deserves every ounce of disrespect he got here and far more. He never gave two licks about hunters and was only here, and at the legislature rally, to score political points and infact the asinine bill to require foreigners to remove grizzly meat to their home countries that he cooked up with the BCWF totally ****ed up the only real chance we had to head off the grizzly hunting ban. He is just another slimy politician and anyone that thinks he is on our side needs to open their eyes!
    YUP ! I AGREE completely with you ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Actually no such promise was made

the platform stated the BCUC was to look at the project ...
    Close minded BC lib supporters and radical anti-industry people put the words “I promise” in his mouth
    Horgan is a typical Lieing NDP er believe what you want ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Horgan is a typical Lying NDP er believe what you want ! RJ
    Horgan,Weaver, Christie Clark sounds like you had a hard time voting?

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Horgan,Weaver, Christie Clark sounds like you had a hard time voting?
    No i did NOT It was a EASY decision for me I VOTED LIBERAL and will again .Sorry to hear your beloved ndp leader Horgan betryed you ! It must be hard to sleep now ! Again BELIEVE what you want ! Its a FREE world here !

Cheers RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    No i did NOT It was a EASY decision for me I VOTED LIBERAL and will again .Sorry to hear your beloved ndp leader Horgan betryed you ! It must be hard to sleep now ! Again BELIEVE what you want ! Its a FREE world here !

Cheers RJ
    I could care less who got in, Ive lived under way worse Governments