Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site "C"

there is a loss of farm land yes. Hunting though.. unless you own that property, there is no hunting down there. It is the valley of NO. No permission given, and how dare you ask for permission!

LATEST

Interlocutory injunction sought by FN to stop all work ahead of trial.
    BC Supreme court judge to make a decision soon. Hearings started today.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ions-1.4755540

A.H. News
    "West Moberly First Nation Chief Roland Willson speaks at the annual Paddle for the Peace, July 14, 2018: "We're asking for them to stop, and put tools down and let's move on to better things. This is our home. And the ranchers that live here, it's their home, and we live here together. Cowboys and Indians are standing together on this one, and fighting."

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Hope this helps

See my posts for what it's worth!
    Start with 422, 342,305,222

then-37,42,47,114,116,

# 368 BBD SUMMARY! I hate this dam and will NEVER vote for ANY of those responsible for it's building. Corporatist "lunatics" and landraping scum!

# 374 BBD again. "Progress"????? Destroying excellent wildlife habitat and farmland to indebt ourselves for billions so we can sell our power to the USA for minimal cost and probably not even get paid???
    You gotta stop smoking that schidt, son, it's addling your pate! [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Potzold\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\0 1\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    Umm doesnt your computor need electricity to work? Doesnt your car need oil and fuel to get you to the pipeline protest? Dont you live in a house where animals and birds use to live?
    Sorry im sure somone else has already posted this. I just cant be bothered to read the whining.
    Hunting the promised land

Way to little and way to late!!! I'm not a fan of this project but there's been years and years of discussion on this! I think the FN's that are now being vocal are just looking for more $$$$!!! K

dino did you apply for a transfer????

for someone obssesesd with big bucks you should be upset with this...unless your transfer is given you big dollars not bucks....

hydro is not going to buy back power from small companys as this is approved...

this whole dam is a joke...and boosted economy of the north or not..dont you live there for the freedom..

The issue IMO is lack of foresight, way back when they built many dams & highways to support future infrastructure and now they seem to build for today, people are afraid of the dam project as we don't need it now, but what about 5 years or 10 years from now, the amount of immigration it's necessary or import power? I get the ranchers and the cost but for generations to come the power will be there..
    It's like how they build the highways on the coast, they should have 4 lanes each side to Chilliwack but they only move the bottleneck a exit at a time and only extending the bottleneck down the line.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    The issue IMO is lack of foresight, way back when they built many dams & highways to support future infrastructure and now they seem to build for today, people are afraid of the dam project as we don't need it now, but what about 5 years or 10 years from now, the amount of immigration it's necessary or import power? I get the ranchers and the cost but for generations to come the power will be there..
    It's like how they build the highways on the coast, they should have 4 lanes each side to Chilliwack but they only move the bottleneck a exit at a time and only extending the bottleneck down the line.

I'm afraid of what it's going to do with our power rates, IF they don't find good paying markets for the power it'll be the taxpayers and hydro users of BC that have to pick up the tab for Site C. AND they went ahead and spent millions without even getting consent of the FNs in the affected area, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won in the courts costing us big time for Christys legacy.

its all the new grow ops need power from somewhere

Perhaps we stop giving it away to the states

The 2 week injunction hearing will be over on Aug. 4.

Interesting
    "In a written decision on July 11th, Justice Warren Milman dismissed an application by Hydro to have three sections of the First Nations’ notice of civil claim thrown out."
    See the full ruling.
    https://www.energeticcity.ca/2018/07...junction-case/
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein