Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bow Weight Markings

Re: Bow Weight Markings

It can depending upon design ... because your limbs are pre loaded more so the limbs flex more to get to the same point (draw lenth) with recurve style ... not so much with long bow

the average person wont really feel the differance ... its not like your gonna gain 5 pounds ... you may grab up to a pound at full draw
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Twisting or untwisting your string will change your brace height but the bows poundage at your draw length will remain exactly the same . The increase of brace height actually decreases the amount of string arrow time (distance) and a slight drop in arrow speed .
    Some bowyers trick out low brace heights to claim advertising speeds .
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Twisting or untwisting your string will change your brace height but the bows poundage at your draw length will remain exactly the same . The increase of brace height actually decreases the amount of string arrow time (distance) and a slight drop in arrow speed .
    Some bowyers trick out low brace heights to claim advertising speeds .
    Cheers

You may want to re think that and this time use physics, geometry and a good hand held bow scale because what you said is polar opposite to my albeit limited expiriance

when you twist up you lenthen brace ... but as you lenthen brace you shorten tip to tip and preload the limbs more ... and brace does not change nearly as much as tip to tip

take the same set of limbs and put em on a shorter riser and what is the result at your draw lenth .... higher draw weight ... because your string angle is more accute.

I havent found a notable differance on longbows ... but it is certainly measurable on recurves
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Mikey , your right , the increases are very slight . LB - 6 - 6 1/4in =1 ounce increase . RC - 7-7 I/4 increase =0 t0 1/2 ounce increase . 7-8 in increase = 2 0unces . The tests were done by one of the most prominent bowyers in NA , and not me . LOL
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC