Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2+1 limit and length of shell

2+1 limit and length of shell

I could not find this answer in my research so please forgive me if this has been answered before.

My Winchester SXP came with its own plug. I find with the BB load I use that I can only fit one in the mag! (1+1). It looks like it is maybe 5cm too short for the second shell. Therefore, if I shave it so that I can fit 2+1 would I still be legal? If I were to be stopped by a CO how would he test the capacity? I should think that I could easily show him that I could insert two only of the BB load that I would have on me.
    Last edited by silveragent; 02-22-2016 at 05:07 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2+1 limit and length of shell

This is a pump action correct? Are you loading with the chamber open? If so there's your problem.

My A400 came with an extra plug that only allows one shell in the mag. My gun only holds two in the mag whether they are 2 3/4" or 3 1/2" shells. Did you gun come with another plug in the box?

co shoves a garden hose up the mag
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

just shave it off so it barely fits a 3.5" shell. if its the right length, only 2 shells will fit regardless of 2.75 or 3.5"
    nothing says a plug cant be altered, hell use a wood dowel if you need to. Just needs to be plugged so that if inspected only 2 shells will fit

I use I piece of plastic dowel and cut it so two 3.5 inch shells barely fits as said above
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    This is a pump action correct? Are you loading with the chamber open? If so there's your problem.
    Nope I port load the first shell, close the chamber and then load the magazine.

Ok from the other replies it seems like I should do a measurement and then cut it so that only two 3.5 will fit. If I do it right I won't be able to get three shorter shells in the magazine.

If it has a three inch chamber you will only need to have room for 2 3" shells.

.. Chances are if your in the feild and its got 3.5 shells in it and you dont have anything but 3.5 shells they aill understand but best bet is to play it safe if your waterfouling. Ive been stoped in multiple vehicles out hunting deer/grouse and never had a co blink twice at an unpluged shotty. But best not to risk it if birds is what your into