Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I will add my novice vote for practicing with your broadheads. I missed 2 broadside deer shots this year at 30 yds with my wheely bow. Now, I 've shot plenty of game with a rifle and most of it withing 100 yds over the years so I don't contribute the miss to "buck fever". I was calm before and after the shot. The first miss I chalked up to not ranging and adjusting site after I moved from 1st buck cause he was head on at 37 yds. My next candidate was broadside and I ranged it later at 30 yds but didn't adjust my 1 pin from 40 yds to 30yds....still...should not have "sailed 'over his back. the 2nd miss was @ 30 yds and arrow sailed right over him again...it was then that I checked and my100 gr broadhead was sailing. So I've swithched to 125gr broadheads and will be practicing plenty before next season....

oh...I have also added a trad since last season and am thouroughly enjoying it.......
I agree with knowing what your broadheads are doing. Not only should you practice with them, but also (paper) tune the bow for them...