Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halibut recipes

Halibut recipes

Ok, I know there is probably other threads for this, but I didn't see any. I am looking for some halibut recipes, I had a bunch given to me. Tried battered halibut, but it needs some practice. What is everyone doing with other recipes like baking it?
    Silence is the best reply to a fool.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Halibut recipes

sear both sides in butter in a hot fry pan(not so hot that the butter burns, it's a fine line), add a little salt and pepper to taste, cover with lid and put in a preheated 375 oven until it just flakes, this will depend on the thickness of your fillets.

To me, halibut can only be spoiled by too much spice. Just salt and pepper and lemon juice makes it ideal.

Don't over cook it.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Hint of seasoning salt, a liberal sprinkling of pepper, butter and oil really hot and sear on either side quickly, do not over cook, worst thing for Whitefish or it gets tough and dry quick !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

1/3 miracle whip. 1/3 mozzerella cheese 1/3 cream cheese. spread over halibut and bake till you see some brown on top.
    "Hunting For HEALTH Not TROPHIES"

Cajun spices in a super heated pan. Sear the crap out if it for a few minutes each side - blackened a bit around the edges. Take it off just before its cooked through and serve. It'll finish cooking as you load the plate up. Yummm!

Let sit in a white wine, soy and brown sugar for 20 min turning over so both sides can soak it in, sear in hot frypan with oil for approx 1-2 min per side sprinkling sesame seeds before searing. Make sure you don't over cook.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    To me, halibut can only be spoiled by too much spice. Just salt and pepper and lemon juice makes it ideal.

Don't over cook it.
    I'v got a blackin recipe that might change your mind, no spice just fresh herbs. It comes out sooooo moist and you are right a little lemon juice and don't over cook it. You have to remember once you take it off the heat it's still cooking.

Thanks guys, I'll give some of these a try.
    Silence is the best reply to a fool.

Shake n bake whatever flavour you like, bake or Fry in pan with 1-2" oil, hot and quick. Beer batter then roll in panko, cook same as above. I like to coat it, keeps er moist. Bbq skin side down just seasoning salt/pepper and vegetable spice, cover top with spreadable cream cheese.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..