Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Claim a Hunting Spot - Plant a Tree Stand?

Re: Best Way to Claim a Hunting Spot - Plant a Tree Stand?

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    One evening I hunted in only my underwear and boots. Late November and rain was coming down like a hose. I didn't have much spare clothing and didn't want to get what I had soaked for a couple hours of hunting on a 3 or 4 day trip. That is the best way to claim an area. Think about it... if you ran into some guy in underwear with a rifle in the woods, would you want to go back? Your welcome
    What, doesn't everybody hunt in ginch and rubber boots? In November?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    Yes, if you really want them to leave the area alone though you should also laminate your best trail cam photos from that spot and post them on the bottom of the tree...if they know someone is already targeting that trophy class buck in the area and the belly dragger bear that keeps coming around they'll most likely find a new spot and do their own recon
    Lol, yeah right.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    Yes, if you really want them to leave the area alone though you should also laminate your best trail cam photos from that spot and post them on the bottom of the tree...if they know someone is already targeting that trophy class buck in the area and the belly dragger bear that keeps coming around they'll most likely find a new spot and do their own recon

100% !!!!!! Sharing is caring!

thanks for the use of the use of the tree stand and the nice buck i took out of it.
    sweet set up

practising sound shots is the best way to claim a area.

Cool Re: Best Way to Claim a Hunting Spot - Plant a Tree Stand?

I’ve built tree stands on the far edges of my favourite area. If you beat me to them, they’re yours. Just be careful cause I ain’t no master builder. My buddy figured out the best location for a blind. It’s located next to a field on 500 ha that never gets hunted. Cost him a few 100k but he is guaranteed some meat and no asshats. Funny, I’ve never been there...

I usually drop 4 or5 trees on the way into an area and post vehicle closure signs at the beginning of roads ,so far that's been working.

if i found a random tree stand out in the bush id use it. until someone came by and said hey! then i would happily give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Is this my best option - you know put a tree stand on crown land this summer and call anybody who doesn't move from my area an inconsiderate a$$? I would be really pissed if I saw sign of another hunter in the area.

I really want to hunt this spot 4-5 times next fall, and don't want anybody around. Tree stand should save the spot for me right?
    It is Crown Land right......
    First in gets dibs and by dibs I mean physically not some tree stand.
    FLHTCUI

you will never get complete sole use of any spot short of a major walk off of the local access point even then ...... I was once nestled into an old landing pile on an old landing watching the setting that edged onto a swamp waiting for moose to show themselves. It was just a few minutes short of that special time, and this dude pulls up in his truck gets out notices me, tips his hat to me and then proceeded to set himself up against a stump watching the same setting and swamp as I was....?????? I am guessing we were gonna take turns or something, I left him sitting there in the fading light .....anyway that was the last time did not walk at least 1 km.....