Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Claim a Hunting Spot - Plant a Tree Stand?

Re: Best Way to Claim a Hunting Spot - Plant a Tree Stand?

If that's all it takes I'm going to go make 20 plus tree stands this bear season. Every swamp within a 100 km will be mine for the up coming moose season. . Muahaha
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

First come first serve. A tree stand won't keep anyone out of that area unless you're sitting in it. If I had a tree stand set up and came to it one day and someone was using it, I'd just walk away and go back later and take it down and move it. It's crown land and everyone has a right to hunt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    a tree stand and a meat pole.....definitely won't attract attention.

Not much you can do.

Except make sure you left a cord of split dry wood too.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

Putting a stand up will invite people to your area. I used to hunt a thick area of timber about 300 yards off the main road. Never saw another soul till I spooked out a nice buck. Talked to the gentleman who saw the buck he went and built a tree stand in the area. From then on it became a race to the stand in the morning and evening. Self climber if you want peace

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Is this my best option - you know put a tree stand on crown land this summer and call anybody who doesn't move from my area an inconsiderate a$$? I would be really pissed if I saw sign of another hunter in the area.

I really want to hunt this spot 4-5 times next fall, and don't want anybody around. Tree stand should save the spot for me right?
    LOL i took this is as sarcasm...

Quote Originally Posted by IslandBC View Post
    LOL i took this is as sarcasm...

Apparently you are one of the few who got it. Lol.

50 posts from now after everyone has figured out that the OP was just making fun of another thread that got carried away, H47 will come on at 4:00 in the morning saying "Putting up a tree stand won't make the spot yours..." and the whole thing will take off again. Lol.

Throw up a few game cams for good measure. Then you can post bitch threads with pictures of the inconsiderate a$$'s not respecting your area! Even better you get to post bitch threads about the inconsiderate a$$'s stealing your game cams. Really its HBC bitch gold for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Throw up a few game cams for good measure. Then you can post bitch threads with pictures of the inconsiderate a$$'s not respecting your area! Even better you get to post bitch threads about the inconsiderate a$$'s stealing your game cams. Really its HBC bitch gold for years to come.

No doubt! Leave your crap out in the bush and then bitch when someone takes it. There is a very simple solution that I can think of to ensure your crap isn't stolen...pack out what you pack in!

We had some Guys park an old travel trailer at the entrance to a spot. Did a drive by the night before open season. Trailer was their, no vehicle and no people their. Came back early opening morning still no vehicle no lights on. Parked and went hunting.
    The guy ended up showing up just before daylight hunted for an hour then left.
    must of had to work and could only do a quick hunt and didn't want anybody hunting his spot
    thinkin he could claim the spot by leaving his travel trailer their just made me want to hunt it more and harder.
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

im actually surprised at how many people leave trailers in the bush and campsites and then turn up on weekends as if it is a weekend cabin.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”