Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: News Release:A Failure to Consult, Manage and Conserve: Moose in the Cariboo

Re: News Release:A Failure to Consult, Manage and Conserve: Moose in the Cariboo

We all have opinions, let's support our voice, the BCWF as a whole.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Re: News Release:A Failure to Consult, Manage and Conserve: Moose in the Cariboo

Several of you have had posts deleted on this thread because you are trying to hijack it for your own agenda. (Several people quote them and were deleted too)

Further posts of this nature will result in an HBC vacation. I hope that is clear.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Go get them Jesse! Good work.

Once again anyone wanting information about allocation spits should be encouraged to contact the Ministry directly and let them know of any concerns you may have. It is your right to have direct contact with your MLAs and to contact the Ministry representatives directly and to make FOI requests if you are not satisfied with their answers.

Please remember that the Ministry staff are sometimes constrained by politicians about the level of detail they can disclose, and by many competing interests, so please be respectful as I think you will find them to be honest BC residents themselves - people working their asses off to accomplish the most they can with the resources available to them.
    Last edited by The Hermit; 02-16-2016 at 06:38 PM.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by souwester View Post
    What a joke
    What's the point of having a discussion with just one side of the story.
    Souwester, I can never figure out where the heck you are coming from!! Or what you are trying to convey.

You just throw out half questions inferring that the answer is obvious, when really it is not.

Are you a guide? A disgruntled resident hunter? Are you mad at the government for taking something from you?

Are you mad at the BCWF for not doing something for you, or for doing something to you?

Exactly who the hell are you mad at and what for!?!?
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Quote Originally Posted by souwester View Post
    What a joke
    What's the point of having a discussion with just one side of the story.
    Discuss the topic at hand all you want. Stay on the topic. Easy.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I spent all day in 5-13a today after fresh snow last night.

Put on lots of miles chasing tracks.

Only saw one moose track. Total.
    No deer tracks.

Saw 2 separate packs of wolf tracks, 6 in one, 8 in the other. Saw one out of the 8 and shot it.

Pretty bleak out there. Hopefully something will be done to help the moose out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    I spent all day in 5-13a today after fresh snow last night.

Put on lots of miles chasing tracks.

Only saw one moose track. Total.
    No deer tracks.

Saw 2 separate packs of wolf tracks, 6 in one, 8 in the other. Saw one out of the 8 and shot it.

Pretty bleak out there. Hopefully something will be done to help the moose out.
    Now that is what I call valuable information, I hope someone is paying attention

stockpiling wolves!
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    stockpiling wolves!
    Lmao good one.
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

The numbers have being going down for a while.There is more to this than the wolves.But always a good starting point.
    Management of the other "wolves" has to play a role too(hmmm right).But after we limit the resident hunter,everyone else will be happy.
    Have the resident kill the wolves,take away a good chunk of the RH harvest....now that IS management.
    Use some federal money (our money) to buy GO areas....give them to natives....
    Does it sound like ,the buying of commercial fishing licences.....yep.
    Long lives "reconciliation"!!!!...or guilt trip!!!
    Bend over....