Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seek Outside/Paradox backpack

Seek Outside/Paradox backpack

Who has one of the Paradox/Evolution/Revolution/Unaweep packs from Seek Outside?
    I'm pretty much sold on getting a Revolution frame, but sure would like to see one in person....with how our dollar is doing, I'm in no hurry.

How are they doing for those that have them?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Seek Outside/Paradox backpack

I have the evolution .I really like it very comfortable feels different than most packs really hugs your torso. The wrap around belt does not slip which is a big deal for me as i have always had trouble with lumbar packs slipping once you get over 60 lbs or so.The pack is light the bag material is waterproof i am very happy with it.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Pretty sure BgBlkDg does. Maybe fire him a PM. He is pretty quick to spot things on here though, so doubt he is far away.

I bought a Divide in Multicam, last summer and used it a bit, I am VERY impressed and SO's customer service is simply outstanding, reminds me of Mystery Ranch, ten years ago.

If, I buy another, larger pack, iffy now due to medical issues and age, I WILL buy a Revolution 7000, with the "Guide" frame.

The design is simply brilliant and the quality is there. Whether, one of these will equal a Bozeman MR in toughness and bombproof utility is something that only time will tell, but, my impressions thus far are very positive.

I'm also looking at buying one with the guide frame
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

How do these compare in quality to te Kifaru products? In particular the duplex frame and the mountain warrior bag.

Thx!

I had two Kifaru packs, three different tipis, a stove and various others of their products circa 2005, 2006 and later. I had more QC issues with their stuff than from ANY other of the many manufacturers gear I have used in more than 50 years of buying/using my own mountain gear.

I was NOT at all satisfied with their CS at that time and have not purchased any gear from them since nor will I and I know several others who had similar experiences.

The "best" packs I ever used from dozens I tried were/are from Dana Gleason of "Dana Design" and "Mystery Ranch" and the ONLY issue I have ever had with any of his outstanding packs is that MR packs tend to be rather heavy......but, they are built like tanks from the finest materials. This applies to the Bozeman-made specimens, I am not as keen on the Asian models.

I do not care what gear anyone chooses and have no personal interest in or relationship with ANY maker, but, some gear IS superior and my opinion of Seek Outside is as posted above, based on my experiences with them to date.

We do not have a good pack maker in Canada, so, the USA and Europe are where one can obtain gear equal to the conditions found in our mountains. I have owned/used gear from both regions and my feeling is that the USA currently offers the best in packs suited for BC hunting, while the Euros still make the best tents.

Boots-Europe, clothing-some from each and Canada and sleeping bags, now that ID is no more, Valandre and Western Mountaineering.

I can only compare it to my Mystery Ranch Kodiak.The Kodiak is heavy duty ,the stitching ,fabric, frame it is a bombproof pack no question.Rides really nice you can not notice the weight when you are wearing it.Only problem i have is it tends to slip a bit carrying loads over 60 pounds or so which is the reason i decided to try something new.It turns out a full wrap hip belt works for my body type better than a lumbar setup.The Paradox pack is much lighter at the gate than my MR but it is holding up well with not degradation in the material and stitching.I don't have to tighten the hip belt as much to get it to stay put.It has good adjust ability for comfort.Moves with the torso very well.I have the big bag with side zipper and a day talon pretty basic .Took it for a training hike this morning in the pouring rain not on drop in the day talon or pack bag that is a nice feature.No real heavy loads with it so far but i have no worries about it holding up.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

How are the revolution and fortress combo as far as your rifle banging against the frame when the rifle is slung on your shoulder? I am very seriously considering ordering that setup for this years long haul trips. Also how would it work as a day pack? I have an eberlestock currently and it will never be used for a solo pack out again but I could use it for the day trips however I prefer to just use one pack for all my trips.

Thanks

I am using a Kifaru gunbearer with the frame but i do not see a problem strapping your rifle to the side of the pack .The frame is not like a traditional external frame pack it is tucked in to your body better.
    BCWF
    CCFR

- Everett Ruess