Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $50 charge from spot

Re: $50 charge from spot

For you guys that have Inreach are the monthly charges in American or Canadian?

Quote Originally Posted by coleman View Post
    For you guys that have Inreach are the monthly charges in American or Canadian?
    The inreach fees are in Canadian.

Here's a link to inreach Canada.

http://www.inreachcanada.com
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

Just got off the phone from Globalstar. Canceled my service as of today. I do not like receiving an email stating new charges
    just before my renewal date. Maybe they were hoping I would forget to read my emails.The representative laughed when I told her she would likely
    be receiving quite a few complaints about the new charges. I was offered the tracking option as a carrot to stay.
    No way.

Quote Originally Posted by 444marlin View Post
    Just got off the phone from Globalstar. Canceled my service as of today. I do not like receiving an email stating new charges
    just before my renewal date. Maybe they were hoping I would forget to read my emails.The representative laughed when I told her she would likely
    be receiving quite a few complaints about the new charges. I was offered the tracking option as a carrot to stay.
    No way.
    ya she tried offering me the incentive to stay as well. Dirty pool is all that is
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

I picked up a used 2nd Gen last year from a member here... Haven't activated it, sounds like I won't be... $60 paper weight I guess...

Good Day All,

Thanks for the heads up Shane as this is the first we have heard on this from SPOT.

As a current user of a Delorme inReach Explorer and an experienced seller of a previously loved SPOT device I can wholeheartedly vouch for the switch. Whether it is navigating to a new area to hunt via logging roads I have plotted after scouring Google Maps or marking off trail camera locations for easy retrieval in unfamiliar terrain, the inReach explorer shines. The ability to shoot my wife a text and let her know I am going to be late or let the emergency responders know what is going on should I ever be injured are big selling features in my book. As well, as Stresd mentioned, the ability to suspend service for only $5 a month when you aren't using the device is awesome! My personal choice however is to keep it going year round and in my truck glove box. For the monthly service fee I spend enough time off grid that the peace of mind is well worth the few extra dollars.

Any questions on the device I would be happy to assist.

Lindsay Schmidt
    Account Manager

C: 250-681-3802
    E: lschmidt@grouseriver.com

Brent Jefferson
    Inside Sales
    2600 Enterprise Way
    Kelowna, BC V1X 7Y5
    Phone: 877-547-6873 EXT 240
    E: bjefferson@GrouseRiver.com
    W: www.GrouseRiver.com

Hello Lindsay,

Curious, what are your thoughts on the Explorer gps, as compared to say a Garmin 60/62 or 76/78 series? Is it user friendly like Garmin?

Reason I ask is, my Garmin 76CSx recently calved and I already own an In-Reach SE which I'm super happy with. My thoughts were to buy an Explorer and merge 2 units into 1.

With Spots latest sales pitch, my mint condition In-Reach SE should be an easy sell around these parts...........

No email either..

Badlands

The best place on earth ( In the bush )

Perhaps the contact from SPOT billing is timed to coincide with your renewal date. Maybe they are obligated to notify a person 30 days prior? I know I haven't received any advisory from them yet and my renewal comes up in August. Won't be renewing again.
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreak View Post
    Perhaps the contact from SPOT billing is timed to coincide with your renewal date. Maybe they are obligated to notify a person 30 days prior? I know I haven't received any advisory from them yet and my renewal comes up in August. Won't be renewing again.
    this makes sense since my renewal was set for march
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out