Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $50 charge from spot

$50 charge from spot

Anybody else get an email from spot saying they were gonna add a $50 charge and another $10 charge? $50 for a service that they say a lot of people didn't choose because they didn't know how good it was. I opted to not choose it because I didn't want it. Rant over services cancelled, anyone wanna buy a spot lol
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

2. Site Sponsor

Re: $50 charge from spot

i've got a gen two for sale also.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

So if not spot what is the next option?
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

I didn't get that email I have gen 1....how much more is the intouch device

I have a gen 2, never received an email

Quote Originally Posted by lip_ripper00 View Post
    So if not spot what is the next option?
    Got rid of my Spot a year ago. I've been aLovin my Inreach ever since. No comparision. Put mine to sleep until I need it again. . $5 bucks a month.

I'm most likely going to I reach as well
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

Dear shane ,

As a valued customer, we would like to advise you of some upcoming changes to SPOT annual service plans.

We are continuously making network upgrades to ensure the best possible service for our customers. To help fund these efforts now and in the future, an annual Network Improvement Fee of $9.99 will be charged upon renewal to customers after the first full year of service is completed.

We will also be adding Basic Tracking, with an annual $49.99 service charge, to your subscription. We know many subscribers didn't select Basic Tracking at activation because they were unaware of its functionality and thus its benefits. This is a major value added service that is benefiting a large portion of the current subscriber base and allows detailed, pinpoint and near-constant location information. Use Basic Tracking to leave a bread crumb trail of a traveled route when adventuring to add another level of safety in the case of an emergency.

Never got the email....yet

If this legit, dumping them and getting an InReach.

Will have two Gen 2 and a Gen 1 for cheap......

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I didn't get an e-mail...yet.

Sounds like "negative option billing". Didn't the cable companies try such tactics several years ago and the Feds declared that "negative option" billing was illegal?