Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Opinions On Crossbows

Re: Opinions On Crossbows

Unfortunately the new CORE book out has gone back to the old format of having the archery and muzzleloader firearms portions as supplemental info that is neither required to be taught or tested on.

Is this a step back? In my view yes but then again it is run by those in the BCWF and as John Holdstock says " the world is run by those who show up"

I agree that some form of bowhunter education should be mandatory for archers to pursue game but just how that would fit into the grand scheme of things I am not too sure.
    The legislation right now states that you must have a Hunter Number in order to obtain a hunting licence and to get that you must succesfully pass the CORE exam which includes a firearms practical.Just how an archery only hunter would accomplish that is a bit of a delemma in that at present he needs to pass the CORE with all its requirements.
    In the future who knows how it would work or what legislative changes would need to be adopted to affect a happy medium for all involved.
    I think with the inception of the UBBC it is a starting point that will allow a better driving force to affect changes in legislation that will benefit all user groups involved.

The legislative changes and the discussion of archery only areas are a hot topic that have gone on for a long time in this province and will continue for a long time in the future if the people at the table are not shown truthfull data that is unbiased to any user group or for that matter we get some defferent people at the table

Re: Opinions On Crossbows

Give them there own season & keep them out of bow season where they belong.