Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carhartt pants for hunting?

Re: Carhartt pants for hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by redthorn View Post
    For an all -day planned affair, I go to my 1980's surplus British NBC suits. (Buy at Westley's in New west) Best pattern bar none for west coast rainforest, and charcoal lined.
    an NBC suit? Doesn't that get ridiculously hot wearing it all day in the bush? I know the times we trained in the Canadian ones we couldn't wait to get them off. I agree the British DPM camo pattern is good for temperate forests.

get the bib coveralls in the Carhartt they breath nice ... the noise really ... are you kidding me ..ha ha

Well, I guess that's an easy decision! Thanks guys.

[QUOTE=ajr5406;1748456]Looking for a something tough and durable for hunting, that I can also wear for hiking and yard work. Wondering about Carhartts?

Do any of you guys hunt (and I don't mean road hunting) in Carhartt pants? Not too concerned about camo...[/QUOTE

Very Noisy - Such up water just like jeans and weight 50 lbs then - Hard to dry ! 3 good reasons not wear them unless the weather is nice out and your just road hunting - Keep Looking ! jmo RJ

learned as a little boyscout why cotton/denim is NFG in the bush if getting wet is possible...No cotton

Not bad for one of those casual late May bear hunts when it's warm and dry and you're mostly snoozing against a log at the edge of a clear cut!

I find it strange that people don't find them comfortable. I wear mine for work 12-14 hours a day and have found them to be the most comfortable clothing I have tried, and that is almost entirely walking, climbing and contorting. The wetness issue is a valid concern, so no I don't wear them in the heavy rain, but in the snow you can just brush them off and in hit weather just wear shirts under them. I don't find them any noisier than a gortex jacket. It truly depends on your experience.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Never been in the army, so I don't know if the Canadian ones are any different. I assume so as these are not that hot. These are not plastic, but rather fabric that has this funky mesh sort of lining with charcoal all through it. (the first couple times you wear them you come out black from the charcoal loosening up.) These are a light but strong cotton/poly blend on the exterior that wears well in thick brush. And they have this wicked giant pouch on the front your binos slip right into.
    Get out of the Truck, Off of the trail, and Onto the tracks...

I'm feeling pretty pleased. Picked up a pair of Swedish military issue wool pants today. Never used, good quality construction using good grade wool with button down cargo , hip and rear pockets. Greyish green in colour. Looking forward to putting lots of miles and hours in these. $49

You've got lots of time AJR so try shopping around the surplus stores for something other than Carrharts.
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreak View Post
    I'm feeling pretty pleased. Picked up a pair of Swedish military issue wool pants today. Never used, good quality construction using good grade wool with button down cargo , hip and rear pockets. Greyish green in colour. Looking forward to putting lots of miles and hours in these. $49

You've got lots of time AJR so try shopping around the surplus stores for something other than Carrharts.
    Nice one...

Where did u buy them?