Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bar fishing the Frazer

Bar fishing the Frazer

I'm new to the coast and I wanted to get into fishing sturgeon down here, I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to point me in the right direction of fishing them off shore.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bar fishing the Frazer

An old buddy from work used to back his truck up under the Mission bridge near the waters edge cast his gear out there and lay on his truck hood and dozz off till he got bites.Hauled a few in there as well..that was back in the day when they were legal to keep.

Those sturgeon fillets were tasty!

takla

where abouts are you parked on the coast there are lots of places to fish for sturgeon around here .
    narrow it down a bit
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

My buddy catches a couple every year from shore while bar fishing for salmon. If you hook a big one be prepared to run around a lot.

Ive caught numerous off Grassy bar east of Mission.Last yr I caught while bottom bounceing for sockeye ,a 7 foot sturgeon!..Had to jump in the boat and follow it down river over a mile till I got it to the boat..was hopeing for a red spring but no go...got a quarter sized blister on my thumb from trying to slow the level wind reel when it hit!

takla

One day take a drive up the canyon.. Hope to Yale.. Find some slow moving water and have at er

I'm in burnaby

I've been told it starts getting good to fish them in April is it really that slow right now ? When would you start fishing them ?

Their is a dock that is public access, at the foot of 128 North of Hwy 17, there are resident fish in the river all year, transients will be in the river mid to late Feb, waiting for oolichans to show and will hang around until after the salmon runs.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

good times at surrey fishing dock at the foot of 128
    slow now but should pick up soon
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.