Thread: Pflueger Patriarch XT

Question Pflueger Patriarch XT

Hello,

I recently purchased the Patriarch XT while it was on sale for just $10 more than the regular Patriarch on the Cabelas site (I think the sale might still be on). Just wondering if I took it back and got the regular patriarch would I be downgrading a fair bit? I know the XT is like $70 more usually but what are you getting for that? The regular model weighs a little less and has a little stronger drag.

Would greatly appreciate hearing peoples' experiences with these reels, thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pflueger Patriarch XT

It all depends on your intended use really, but I tried a couple patriarch's when they first hit the market, mostly for bass fishing and tossing hardware for steelhead....considering this is their flagship spinning model it certainly didn't compare to a shimano stradic and they wore out in 2-3 years, including one snapped carbon handle when the reel was bouncing around the rocks while landing a fish....I have stradic's that are 15 years old and get the snot abused out of them, every 5 years or so new carbon washers in the drag and new bearings, back in business like the day I bought it...I personally consider any plfueger product to be disposable...

the handle cost me 37 plus exchange, whereas shimano has a distribution center in Peterborough, Ontario and the one issue I had with a reel was totally free replacement

are you sure the regular model weighs less? I'd check pfluegers website over whatever cabelas has for that stat...only difference I see is more carbon, which should make the xt a few grams lighter